OP
OP
Neffly4u

Neffly4u

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm currently working on a V3 that would add support for the 24G model. I've been trying to make it a similar experience for both tank sizes. I'm curious to see how everyone has chosen to use the media basket. POST SOME PICTURES!

Also over the weekend I picked myself up an Innovative marine 14g peninsula tank. it comes with a better filter sock that might be accommodating of the aquatop's filter area. I would rather use a felt filter sock over mesh but curious to see what everyone else thinks.

Bravoman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm currently working on a V3 that would add support for the 24G model. I've been trying to make it a similar experience for both tank sizes. I'm curious to see how everyone has chosen to use the media basket. POST SOME PICTURES!

Also over the weekend I picked myself up an Innovative marine 14g peninsula tank. it comes with a better filter sock that might be accommodating of the aquatop's filter area. I would rather use a felt filter sock over mesh but curious to see what everyone else thinks.
I will take pics tonight I use a cut square of felt on the top level of one of the shelf’s and a chemipure on the lowest shelf. I do need to change out the square felt pad about every 2-3 days but it doesn’t bother me as it keeps my phos at or under 0.06 ppm

OP
OP
Neffly4u

Neffly4u

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@HeyYoMikey81 Any still available? Definitely need one of these
Yes! I have one left! i'm waiting on another batch and it may be a couple weeks before it arrives

OP
OP
Neffly4u

Neffly4u

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what do i need to do to get it? still Paypal? Price? Also, what filter sock will fit this? thanks!
Just sold the last one of this batch. I can either let you know when I get the next batch in (probably 2 weeks) or you can send the $60 to my Paypal link on the first page and I will let you know when it ships.

This fits the Red Sea Max Nano filter sock.

HeyYoMikey81

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just sold the last one of this batch. I can either let you know when I get the next batch in (probably 2 weeks) or you can send the $60 to my Paypal link on the first page and I will let you know when it ships.

This fits the Red Sea Max Nano filter sock.
dang. Totally forgot to check for a response on this until tonight. Ok, let me know when the next batch arrives. I'll send the payment immediately.

amundson1250

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
*Update*
**V2 has been made and have a few ready to ship. Anyone that's interested just send me a message or my paypal is open.

Cost is $60 shipped paypal goods and services

Hello!

New to reefing and picked myself up a Aquatop Recife 40 AIO. Upon doing some research I realized people recommend ditching the included sponge filter and replacing it with Filter floss and some Matrix or Chemipure Blue. Should be easy right? just head on over to InTankAquatics and....oh wait they don't have one.

Well until anything changes i'm going to make my own. I figure it will be similar to what intank offers.

I figure it will include 3 media trays and will be made out of acrylic and will be sourced out and laser cut.

Would Aquatop owners be interested in a media basket?

or if theres another option out there let me know :)
Brandon,

I want one for 40 gallon. 5 1/2" wide 3" depth, and no taller then 19" high.

Do you have one of those? Can you email message me?

OP
OP
Neffly4u

Neffly4u

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you everyone for the support while I have been making these. I'm trying to make it better for all the aquatop owners out there! I am still making these but it's gotten rediculous trying to get them cut out. I sometimes have to wait for weeks to months to get a batch cut out.

I am in the works of making a V3 basket. This would accommodate the 24G and 40G tanks and will support the innovative marine felt filter socks as well as the red sea nano socks.

I wish I could get these out sooner but will keep everyone as updated as I can.

For anyone that is still waiting on a media basket to get shipped. I don't have a solid timeline on getting those out. I will gladly work with anyone on refunds if needed. Just send me a message and we will work something out.

Thanks for your patience.
:)

andrejk

lapsed salt tank geek learning it all again now
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you everyone for the support while I have been making these. I'm trying to make it better for all the aquatop owners out there! I am still making these but it's gotten rediculous trying to get them cut out. I sometimes have to wait for weeks to months to get a batch cut out.
I'm in for an order last week, looking forward to getting it!

If you're still having trouble with the laser cutting, I have a 50w laser at our shop, about 12"x20" cutting area. It cuts 3mm acrylic nicely. I can cut a few dozen sheets if it would help you clear your backlog.

Last edited:

djp183

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d be in for a basket for my aquatop 40. Let me know if you’re getting up another batch, thanks!!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back