Are my zoanthids melting?

if u dipped them its just a layer of flesh ive had this happen before u probley dipped them to long. in a few days that stuff should get soft enough to blow off them with your baster.
 
Here's an update for everyone: they melted. I'm not sure why. I didn't find any pests or anything and my hammer coral is doing great. I have a funny feeling they weren't super healthy to begin with considering that the guy at the LFS was boarder line begging me to buy them and even gave them to me for $10 instead of $25.
 
the guy at the LFS was boarder line begging me to buy them and even gave them to me for $10 instead of $25.

Next time this happens, back away slowly, then run...
 
@DSC reef has never gave me bad advice and has helped tons. His info has always been spot on. I agree that cfl can grow some coral .


DSC is a solid reef2reef member and contributor . :D
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new