Are the parasite?

tech_reefer

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 24, 2019
Messages
215
Reaction score
73
Location
LA
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi all,

I started treating my fish for ick and added them to a QT running coppersafe. I also medicate their food with metroplex, ketoplex, and focus. I also add selcon and garlic. Yesterday I notice a long white worm looking like thing I attached an example white worm I saw one probably like 1/4 foot long. Never seen such ting crawling out of a fish but anyone what it can be? Parasite? Type of worms? IMG_3331.jpeg IMG_3330.jpeg IMG_3332.jpeg IMG_3333.jpeg
 
You may not be able to tell a worm from a mucus feces without a microscope. Tapeworms will have segments, you may be able to see those without a microscope.
Nematode worms are pointed at either end.
You typically only see worms being expelled after using an antihelmenthic like praziquantel or fenbendazole.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 42 31.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new