OP
OP
RC51

RC51

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How recently did you change the lighting? Did the outbreak coincide with the new light?
I changed my lighting a week ago. The issue was still there with my previous white only aquarium light.

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi and welcome!

Looks like either dinos or cyano. Those videos will help.

Next, you need to get some rock in their. The rock holds the bacteria needed to keep the levels all consistent and in line. If you get dry rock, you will need to keep adding bacteria. If you get live wet rock, you can stop adding it fairly fast.

The corals will stress until the issues are resolved. I hope they pull through for you.

As far as the light, too much red will boost algae growth. IT is what I use on my scrubbers.

OP
OP
RC51

RC51

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi and welcome!

Next, you need to get some rock in their. The rock holds the bacteria needed to keep the levels all consistent and in line. If you get dry rock, you will need to keep adding bacteria. If you get live wet rock, you can stop adding it fairly fast.

The corals will stress until the issues are resolved. I hope they pull through for you.

As far as the light, too much red will boost algae growth. IT is what I use on my scrubbers.
Ok.. I have 3 red led chips right in the middle of the light. Should I just tape it off with black tape?

OP
OP
RC51

RC51

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Btw update,
My toadstool or leather (a mushroom looking thing) started opening up when I woke up but when I came back after breakfast, it was closed back up again.. Also, my star polyps are almost fully covered in algae. Do you think they will be alive?

OP
OP
RC51

RC51

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi and welcome!

Also, I have a 10 liter spare tank. Should I add some salt water and move my corals and clowns into it? I also have a lot of spare filters too

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would seriously get some rock in there and work on keeping the lighting within correct spectrum. I do not use many LEDs, so not good with those for recommendations.

Back