Are these dinoflagellates or diatoms?

HauntedFish

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 19, 2024
Messages
12
Reaction score
19
Location
Long Island
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey sorry if this has been discussed before, but this has been popping up around my tank and causing me to panic. I can’t tell if they’re dinos or diatoms. Will it kill my corals and should I add a clean up crew to my tank? The tank is a little over a month old with currently no fish and this all came out of no where. I was going to raise my nitrates and phosphates and decrease lighting.

IMG_8425.jpeg IMG_8428.jpeg IMG_8429.jpeg IMG_8442.png
 
Just looks like diatoms. What's your parameters?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 8.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new