Are you experiencing issues surfing Reef2Reef lately?

Are you experiencing issues surfing Reef2Reef lately?

• YES, click the link and tell us!

Votes: 211 27.4%
  • No seems to be fine

Votes: 546 70.8%
  • Maybe (explain in the thread)

Votes: 14 1.8%

• Total voters

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3Pm EST and it's very slow to load....on a Chromebook. Not sure if live sales are going on.

rkpetersen

walked the sand with the crustaceans
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe its with the live sales. Thats when I notice the biggest issues

i.e. most weekends. ;Shifty

Although there may in general be more users onboard on the weekends as well.

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i.e. most weekends. ;Shifty
For me it’s 24/7, even 2am pacific. It makes no sense. I also looked at my data usage for Verizon, I literally only go on this website, safari on my iPhone has used 7 gigs of data this month! How does that work? That’s a ton of data for a forum, I literally do not understand. I had to change my phone plan to unlimited data because of r2r and me being away from WiFi. Can any IT people explain how I would possibly use 7 gigs in 20 days browsing a reefing forum?

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For me it’s 24/7, even 2am pacific. It makes no sense. I also looked at my data usage for Verizon, I literally only go on this website, safari on my iPhone has used 7 gigs of data this month! How does that work? That’s a ton of data for a forum, I literally do not understand. I had to change my phone plan to unlimited data because of r2r and me being away from WiFi. Can any IT people explain how I would possibly use 7 gigs in 20 days browsing a reefing forum?
wow! Were you anywhere close to that before the “upgrade”?

Todays been especially bad and its trending the wrong the wrong way.

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow! Were you anywhere close to that before the “upgrade”?

Todays been especially bad and its trending the wrong the wrong way.
No where near that, less than 1 gig a month prior to the “upgrade”.

Goose91

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Using mobile, not the app. Sometimes slow to load pages or doesnt at all. Think its my phone, ill just put it on airplane mode for 2 seconds and that manual disconnect/reconnect seems to make it work fine again

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All the videos from @crusso1993. Thats a crap ton of data

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All the videos from @crusso1993. Thats a crap ton of data

Videos? Where? Who me? Huh? What? Lol

@Hemmdog - something is definitely wrong with your scenario. For starters, I would inquire with Verizon and make sure everything is up-to-snuff on their end.

I've said it before and I'll say it again; there is no good reason as to why these same issues have been issues for two months now. Frankly, after one month it was comical. Now it is simply sad.

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Videos? Where? Who me? Huh? What? Lol

@Hemmdog - something is definitely wrong with your scenario. For starters, I would inquire with Verizon and make sure everything is up-to-snuff on their end.

I've said it before and I'll say it again; there is no good reason as to why these same issues have been issues for two months now. Frankly, after one month it was comical. Now it is simply sad.
I did contact them. They said it was strictly data from safari being downloaded to my phone, the videos show up in a different usage category :) lol. They had no idea how a website would use that much data, they recommended to stop using the website, they said something doesn’t seem right about that. They mentioned something about me being a possible remote proxy? I don’t know what that means though. Very odd.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did contact them. They said it was strictly data from safari being downloaded to my phone, the videos show up in a different usage category :) lol. They had no idea how a website would use that much data, they recommended to stop using the website, they said something doesn’t seem right about that. They mentioned something about me being a possible remote proxy? I don’t know what that means though. Very odd.
From what I understand it is harder for a phone to be used as a proxy. I did get a notification that reef2reef was trying to get me to let them access my location. Not sure why they want to use that but that will chew through data.

cmcoker

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I am mostly on wifi, I use Tapatalk though and it consumed 2.04GB on wifi and 0.3GB mobile data the last month. Maybe an option to try until its fixed..

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a place I can post about the app? I can’t seem to get push notifications to turn on and am not sure what to do.

cmcoker

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a place I can post about the app? I can’t seem to get push notifications to turn on and am not sure what to do.
I had to set my phone to allow notifications from Tapatalk, have you checked that your phone is set to allow notifications from the R2R app?

Hitman

Reefing One Day @ A Time!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It seems every day it takes longer and longer to load, heck it just sat in limbo and froze for 2 minutes when I click a like tab on my iPad pro

bigcheese

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going to do the mods a favor here... If you're having issues with R2R today, you're not alone.
It's most likely not an R2R problem, large chunks of the Interwebs are down or wonky due to a Cloudflare outage.
It's recovering, albeit a bit slowly.

bigcheese

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
iOS 11 or 12? 11 has a bug in conjunction with Safari that makes it chew through data. If you're on 12, make sure you have iCloud sync disabled for Safari... that'll double or triple your data usage.

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
THAT explains everything, My 15 gb high speed is being used up in ten 10 - 15 days
upload_2019-7-2_12-52-9.jpeg

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
iOS 11 or 12? 11 has a bug in conjunction with Safari that makes it chew through data. If you're on 12, make sure you have iCloud sync disabled for Safari... that'll double or triple your data usage.
12.3, I just turned off the iCloud thing not on WiFi option, hopefully that will help. I already changed my data plan though so I guess it doesn’t really matter now.

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
12.3, I just turned off the iCloud thing not on WiFi option, hopefully that will help. I already changed my data plan though so I guess it doesn’t really matter now.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 22.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 33.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 57 31.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 9.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back