Are you experiencing issues surfing Reef2Reef lately?

Are you experiencing issues surfing Reef2Reef lately?

• YES, click the link and tell us!

Votes: 211 27.4%
  • No seems to be fine

Votes: 546 70.8%
  • Maybe (explain in the thread)

Votes: 14 1.8%

• Total voters

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
12.3, I just turned off the iCloud thing not on WiFi option, hopefully that will help. I already changed my data plan though so I guess it doesn’t really matter now.

Seems to me - it problems with the internet might make the site slower (it is) - but not use more data - Curious - why dont you use wifi on your phone to access r2r? My guess is you're not in a wifi area

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
12.3, I just turned off the iCloud thing not on WiFi option, hopefully that will help. I already changed my data plan though so I guess it doesn’t really matter now.

Hello,

It has nothing to do with your data plan. What exactly are you experiencing? There have been wide spread internet outages as of late and we have also had bugs where the site will “hang” on users.

I promise it’s at the top of the list and will be resolved!

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems to me - it problems with the internet might make the site slower (it is) - but not use more data - Curious - why dont you use wifi on your phone to access r2r? My guess is you're not in a wifi area
I’m a realtor and spend a fair amount of time sitting at open houses with periods of nothing to do and I usually don’t use my clients WiFi.

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

It has nothing to do with your data plan. What exactly are you experiencing? There have been wide spread internet outages as of late and we have also had bugs where the site will “hang” on users.

Triple post.

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Thanks rev! My main issues are the site timing out. I have to totally close safari a few times an hour. Also, anything I click on the site, “post reply”, “upload file”, even the smiley face icon to pull up emojis, all have a 5-15 second delay before anything happens. If you click more than once it does double posts and things like that. When I click on threads it takes over a minute to load all the text and pics, 15% of the time it times out and I have to restart safari. I get the “server cannot be found” message constantly. I wish I knew more about IT to properly explain the issues I’m having.

chefjpaul

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Are we running out of internet?
[emoji23]

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello,

FYI - it is still happening - but its better. Its random... (here)

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are we running out of internet?
images

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. Issues - Site hangs a lot. Click like on a couple posts then it will just hang after you push like waiting on it to change. Sometimes have to go back a page and reload again a couple times to fix.

2. Issues happen at all different times. Weekends seem particularly bad especially last Sunday the 30th for most of the day.

3. Using mobile and desktop versions

4. Clearing cookies and cache will work for a little bit but then it starts again.

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not really an issue, but figured I would ask. Is there a way to delete or manage the attachments? I have tooooo many.

Thanks.

Retro Reefer

Slow and steady wins the race!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For what it’s worth I’m also still having constant issues.. forum will work perfectly for a day or two then it becomes almost unusable with pages failing to load. It’s particularly bad today :(

4F930A50-0502-45F3-AC82-2F206EAAFE14.png

Retro Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really want this site to be totally usable and instantaneous response time like the rest of the internet. Once you grow accustom to instant load times it’s soul crushing to go back.

I agree... coming from the days of dial up when it would take 6 hours to download a 20 minute video I’m not sure why the lag and connection issues bother me so much but this site has been driving me crazy after the upgrade especially since R2R had always worked perfectly for me before.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I agree... coming from the days of dial up when it would take 6 hours to download a 20 minute video I’m not sure why the lag and connection issues bother me so much but this site has been driving me crazy after the upgrade especially since R2R had always worked perfectly for me before.

You and me both! I promise promise promise a fix is coming!!! Hang tough please!

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This is happening (the hanging pages and need to close window) a couple times a day - I dont see any pattern. (after clicking a button, selecting alerts, etc)

Retro Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if any “fixes” have been implemented but for what it’s worth the forum has been running flawlessly for me the last couple days.

CNDReef

Formally Toomanyfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A lot of times when I click on alerts and some times posts I’ll have to refresh to get it to work also going back sometimes from one post page to another it takes me to the main forum page

IslandLifeReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I still see the site hang when clicking on a thread or trying to like a post. I can open other web pages on other windows, but the R2R page just hangs in the loading phase. If I stop the load, and try to select the link a second time, that usually allows me to see what I was trying to select.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Today the site is practically unusable - have had to refresh/quit my browser at a minimum of 10 times.

On a MacBook Pro. Clearing the Cache does not help - this is much worse than yesterday. Its whenever clicking a reply, alert, sometimes paging forward. Perhaps this is affecting more frequent users?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 22.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 33.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 31.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back