Are you experiencing issues surfing Reef2Reef lately?

Are you experiencing issues surfing Reef2Reef lately?

• YES, click the link and tell us!

Votes: 211 27.4%
  • No seems to be fine

Votes: 546 70.8%
  • Maybe (explain in the thread)

Votes: 14 1.8%

• Total voters
OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Same issue this AM... When I closed the browser - still couldn't get it - quit it again - then it opened but more slowly

There has been some recent changes so let us know what you’re experiencing now please!

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Great, one of the changes that were made should have directly impacted alerts so this is a good sign.

Preliminary feedback -- my alerts dropdown also seems to be more responsive now. :)

RunningInPlace.gif

Last edited:

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Replies come right up for me and most links and buttons. The only issue I still have that I have seen so far is when editing a post, the “Save Changes” button would not take. It would go grey when I hit it, then resume the black state, I hit a few times until it took. Very minor issue, but one I have been having throughout.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Replies come right up for me and most links and buttons. The only issue I still have that I have seen so far is when editing a post, the “Save Changes” button would not take. It would go grey when I hit it, then resume the black state, I hit a few times until it took. Very minor issue, but one I have been having throughout.

Did that JUST happen?

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
We have made another change so just keep browsing and let us know.

I just edited my post above to add an emoji - no lag for me. Although I still can’t add images in “edit”, I have to got to “more options”. No lag after adding image on “more options” screen.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just edited my post above to add an emoji - no lag for me. Although I still can’t add images in “edit”, I have to got to “more options”. No lag after adding image on “more options” screen.

Once you make a post and go to edit the post the only way to add images is the "more options." That's not a bug.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Currently no noticeable hang after selecting the like button in contrast to the way the system has been working. Thanks for the persistence!

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Before or after the time stamp of my post?
After - but I have intermittently been able to click on alerts all along - it was never a 'constant' thing. what would happen is if I click on alert the dropdown would (sometimes) appear but nothing was inside it (just a grey box hanging down). other times the alert box would populate with the 'yellow' unread alerts - but when you select one - it would stop. MOST of the time the alerts work fine. Will keep looking today

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Another thing is - (and I dont know if this is a bug) - I read all of these posts on this page - clicked next page - and saw them all again - (i.e. when peace river said 'about adding a photo during editing - and Revhtree saying its not a bug - I thought I was hallucinating... This has been happening. If you write a post in response to another on a different page - it seems to mess up the order of the following posts some times.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@revhtree @BamaStangGuy I dont know if this is a 'bug' - but it's different. When I click the alert - it does seem faster - but rather than leaving you on whatever page you were on - it changes the main page to the alert page as well. Ie before if you clicked alerts when you were on the 'home' page - the browser stayed on the home page - and the drop down appeared. Now - when I click on the alert tab, the alerts show - but the underlying page quickly goes to the 'alert page as well' - it it navigates away from the 'home page'

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@revhtree @BamaStangGuy I dont know if this is a 'bug' - but it's different. When I click the alert - it does seem faster - but rather than leaving you on whatever page you were on - it changes the main page to the alert page as well. Ie before if you clicked alerts when you were on the 'home' page - the browser stayed on the home page - and the drop down appeared. Now - when I click on the alert tab, the alerts show - but the underlying page quickly goes to the 'alert page as well' - it it navigates away from the 'home page'

PS - sometimes when you merely hold your mouse (arrow) over alerts - the dropdown appears - other times it does not - when you click the alert text - then it changes to the alert page itself. I'm not sure what its 'supposed' to do. Hope this helps

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

If you "hover" over the alerts it will activate the drop down box. If you click the link it will open the alerts page. This is by design.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If you "hover" over the alerts it will activate the drop down box. If you click the link it will open the alerts page. This is by design.

Thanks - then that part has not been working for a while - (for me) - I always had to click the alert text to make the dropdown appear for a while now.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks - then that part has not been working for a while - (for me) - I always had to click the alert text to make the dropdown appear for a while now.

PS same as the 'inbox' and my 'account'. but those are now working as they are supposed to

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
PS same as the 'inbox' and my 'account'. but those are now working as they are supposed to

Weird as these have always worked for me! LOL!

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

I swear though I think your account has had the worst luck out of everyone!

Good trouble: Have mushrooms ever become pests in your aquarium?

• Mushrooms would never be pests even if they kept replicating.

Votes: 20 19.0%
  • Mushrooms have not become a pest for me.

Votes: 42 40.0%
  • Mushroom have become overgrown, but not to the point of becoming pests.

Votes: 16 15.2%
  • Mushrooms have become pests in my aquarium.

Votes: 23 21.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.8%
Back