Are you experiencing issues surfing Reef2Reef lately?

Are you experiencing issues surfing Reef2Reef lately?

• YES, click the link and tell us!

Votes: 211 27.4%
  • No seems to be fine

Votes: 546 70.8%
  • Maybe (explain in the thread)

Votes: 14 1.8%

• Total voters
OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello can you guys update me on performance issues?

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello can you guys update me on performance issues?

Still random times when clicking a button, looking at alerts, replying to a comment, clicking like - it just hangs up - reloading the page doesnt help. Clearing cookies doesnt help - the only thing that helps is quitting the browser completely and restarting... I have also had it when I just went to reef2reef.com for the first time in a day - when the site is unresponsive. Quitting the browser and restarting often fixes it.

Note - during these times - other websites work fine - this has happened both on phone and computer.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Still random times when clicking a button, looking at alerts, replying to a comment, clicking like - it just hangs up - reloading the page doesnt help. Clearing cookies doesnt help - the only thing that helps is quitting the browser completely and restarting... I have also had it when I just went to reef2reef.com for the first time in a day - when the site is unresponsive. Quitting the browser and restarting often fixes it.

Note - during these times - other websites work fine - this has happened both on phone and computer.

+1

Same here.

TK_KW

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

+3
Also having this constantly on mobile app

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Working better than it ever has for me on a PC.

True - most of the time it works great - if you spend a fair bit of time on the site - i.e. hours/day - it is an intermittent problem . If I just signed on - browsed for 10 minutes I would say its fine. On days when I'm here more often - problems seem to occur (Sorry this wasnt meant as a reply to your post - just a comment for @revhtree

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
True - most of the time it works great - if you spend a fair bit of time on the site - i.e. hours/day - it is an intermittent problem . If I just signed on - browsed for 10 minutes I would say its fine. On days when I'm here more often - problems seem to occur (Sorry this wasnt meant as a reply to your post - just a comment for @revhtree

+4
I agree intermittent outage or slowness when I click on an alert It will spin. Sometimes I type URL in and it spins but if I refresh it comes right up.

Last edited:

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had to set my phone to allow notifications from Tapatalk, have you checked that your phone is set to allow notifications from the R2R app?

I have checked. It’s all allowed. It lets me move the switch over to on, but then goes right back to off. It’s really weird and super annoying.

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the I pad, same thing happens on my device? Hitting like button or alerts some times stalls..

Are your systems compatible with compuserve?

upload_2019-5-9_21-20-38.jpeg

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the I pad, same thing happens on my device? Hitting like button or alerts some times stalls..

Are your systems compatible with compuserve?

upload_2019-5-9_21-20-38.jpeg

Lol. Something is obviously going wrong. I’m not THAT far out of date though. [emoji23]

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I am helping troubleshoot these issues and have made some immediate changes that I think may help. Can you all let us know if you are still experiencing these same issues?
Just now my Alerts tab has resumed dropping down (has not for over a month). Links seem to be responding immediately. Not jumping the gun, but I see an improvement. Will continue to monitor.

BamaStangGuy

Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just now my Alerts tab has resumed dropping down (has not for over a month). Links seem to be responding immediately. Not jumping the gun, but I see an improvement. Will continue to monitor.

Great, one of the changes that were made should have directly impacted alerts so this is a good sign.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello,

I am helping troubleshoot these issues and have made some immediate changes that I think may help. Can you all let us know if you are still experiencing these same issues?
Same issue this AM... When I closed the browser - still couldn't get it - quit it again - then it opened but more slowly

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 42 41.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 21.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 33.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.0%
Back