Artfully Acrylic Oceanic Biocube 29 Lid - Who has one??

Haggisman14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone. I currently have some black egg crate from BRS on my tank to keep my little one's hands out of the tank, and fish once I do get them in. It looks nice, and works great, however, I'm not a fan of the shadowing that it creates throughout the tank.

Has anyone else gotten one of these for their tanks? I want to also confirm that the "mesh" cutouts they make don't create any shadowing. I'm assuming that since it's clear acrylic, it doesn't, but I would love to hear some first hand accounts.

Thanks!

Marc

DVaDeR77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m guessing u took the top off the tank for a topless tank and are using a different light. Either way I have one of there lids on my 57 Deepblue rimless and there is no shadowing what so ever. Love the lid wouldn’t do with out it. Hope that helps.

Rico's Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bump for more info. I'm also interested in knowing if anyone has been able to get custom acrylic lid for their rimless Biocube.

OP
OP
Haggisman14

Haggisman14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I ended up getting one made by Matt @ Octo Aquatics, and couldn't be happier. Check out the link below to see my post.

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/octo-lids™.292438/page-6#post-4339500

Only thing I would have him do if it were done over, would be make it 1/4" wider on either side. Reason being if I slide the lid all the way over to one side, it will fall in the tank. Not his fault, everything was based off of my measurements. This was for the OCEANIC Biocube though. I believe he already has a template for the Coralvue ones.

Thanks!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 22.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 61 33.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 32.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 9.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back