ATI Straton LED Light - Comments, Review, PAR, Coverage, Discuss...

U

User1

View Badges
Yikes! Sounds like a nightmare there. I hope that these aren't like that! With the LEDs being driven gently and the driver being an off the shelf unit by Meanwell, I hope there will be solid reliability here.

Reliability & Meanwell = success. The Meanwell unit they included is built very well. There is a reason why most of the DIY folks use them. I have two personally and they are amazing.

Punchanello

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yikes! Sounds like a nightmare there. I hope that these aren't like that! With the LEDs being driven gently and the driver being an off the shelf unit by Meanwell, I hope there will be solid reliability here.

Honestly, I think your experience will be better than mine. I bought mine from an Australian vendor but when I had problems I had to deal mostly directly with ATI in Germany. As I understand it ATI has local support in the US which would provide some level of comfort.

szarko

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 stratons will be enough for 60" tank. what about 70" if i have scape spread on about 50-60"? would that be too little lights? thanks

Last edited:

ATI North America

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will not buy an ATI product with LEDs in it. My hybrid had multiple failures all related to the LEDs and drivers. I spent hundreds on replacement parts and shipping which should have been under warranty and the service was abysmal. 2.5 years later it sits in my garage because it doesn't work and I don't have the heart to throw $3000 in the bin.

I might have been unlucky and got a dud, but if you are in a market that does not have full, local service, support and parts, think twice.

Hello Punchanello,
Sorry to hear about your issues with the Powermodule. Since we support only North America I was not involved, but wanted to point out to others your location in Australia since we pride ourselves on offering top notch prompt support here in North America. We have live chat, phone and email support. If I could be of an assistance with your particular setup hit me up via chat or email and let me know who you are.

OP
OP
Reef-Engineer

Reef-Engineer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 stratons will be enough for 60" tank. what about 70" if i have scape spread on about 50-60"? would that be too little lights? thanks
I szarko, I think it depends on your goals and how high you are ok with hanging the lights, but I think 2 stratons would be fine to cover a 60" area of rockwork/corals. Especially if you raise them up a bit. But just keep in mind you may have more light spillage then if the tank is narrow front to back.

OP
OP
Reef-Engineer

Reef-Engineer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do we know what the spectrum of these lights?
Hello Sdot, you can control all of the different color LED groups separately, so you can create pretty much any spectrum you want. They come with a few "canned spectrums" but you can create your own as well. Here are the LEDs they contain that can be controlled individually:
1601500421746.png

szarko

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I szarko, I think it depends on your goals and how high you are ok with hanging the lights, but I think 2 stratons would be fine to cover a 60" area of rockwork/corals. Especially if you raise them up a bit. But just keep in mind you may have more light spillage then if the tank is narrow front to back.

thank you. i am planing on tank 70" - 25" wide - 21" high...

Maximus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Is this getting released today? Haven't seen any for sale yet at the larger online stores.

ATI North America

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this getting released today? Haven't seen any for sale yet at the larger online stores.

Scorpius

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How many would I need for a 36in long tank and around 21in front to back?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back