ATI Straton LED Light - Comments, Review, PAR, Coverage, Discuss...

kisember

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haven't heard of it before. Support is usually pretty helpful so will be interesting to hear what they have to say. Used stuff is always a gamble.
I agree on the gamble part but I don't think the previous owner damaged the units on purpose. If so, then your unit is just the same used unit as mine, which may became a buzzing one by itself.
Support unfortunately was not really helpful. They told me that this phenomenon called 'coil whine', and they already did their best to mitigate the effect. Seems like they does not really care about this discontinued product. Well, other manufacturers did this job better, but it cost only EUR 900 anyway, cheap parts are acceptable. :crying-face:
Hoping to get some help here. I've got a brand new ATI Straton, and I can't get past the first few steps of set up. I plugged it in, connected to the ATI Straton - ##### network (which says there's "no internet acces"). I go to a browser and put in the IP address 192.168.100.1 as instructed and.... "network error" "connection refused" etc. The login screen never loads. Any ideas? I've already reset the black box the Straton comes with.
I had similar issue with their Android app when mobile data was turned on on my phone. If you have multiple networks available, turn them off so your device can only use the ati-wifi to look for the IP address.

Superlightman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ati support is....for the price of their product it is a shame, sometimes they just no replies to questions

MartinM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ati support is....for the price of their product it is a shame, sometimes they just no replies to questions
I think they’re a little hamstrung because ATI America (if you’re US based) is barely supported by ATI Germany it would seem. The US market, while larger than the German market overall, doesn’t prefer/cannot afford high end craftsmanship.

ATI North America

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

We do not ignore emails, we are here 9-5 M-F Pacific time via phone, live chat and email. However we only support North America, if you are elsewhere I cannot comment on the support offered in your location. If you are in North America and your email has not received a response I promise you we did not receive it, please contact us via chat or phone.

GARRIGA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think they’re a little hamstrung because ATI America (if you’re US based) is barely supported by ATI Germany it would seem. The US market, while larger than the German market overall, doesn’t prefer/cannot afford high end craftsmanship.
Granted the USA market seeks lower cost options and why made in China so popular but still there are those who want only the best then compare those for best pricing. Why I tend to buy Japanese made reels sold direct from Japan vs the same product offered stateside because often the US branded version is of lower quality. Not saying this applies to lights other than to point out there's a consumer for higher end craftsmanship. We just don't represent the masses. Yet we should be targeted.

MartinM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Granted the USA market seeks lower cost options and why made in China so popular but still there are those who want only the best then compare those for best pricing. Why I tend to buy Japanese made reels sold direct from Japan vs the same product offered stateside because often the US branded version is of lower quality. Not saying this applies to lights other than to point out there's a consumer for higher end craftsmanship. We just don't represent the masses. Yet we should be targeted.
True, I was just saying that in the weird world of hardware in this hobby, countries outside of the country of origin often tend to get sidelined.

That being said, @ATI North America has always been helpful for me. I purchase the lights in the US and import them here. I have 5 stratons and they're great lights.

dough

Reefing since '95
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm considering replacing a hybrid system (aquaticlife), 1 XR15 (G6) x 4T5 and 2 led bars over my shallow water 36x24x16 deep tank with a Straton. I recently move my tank and the hodge podge of lights and cords really stand out. So I'm looking for a cleaner looking system. Always been a fan of ATI T5 systems. I have a mixed reef with some SPS in the middle under the XR15.

To the current users is this an over kill for this size tank?
Would there be any concerns of using 1 fixture over this tank?

MartinM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm considering replacing a hybrid system (aquaticlife), 1 XR15 (G6) x 4T5 and 2 led bars over my shallow water 36x24x16 deep tank with a Straton. I recently move my tank and the hodge podge of lights and cords really stand out. So I'm looking for a cleaner looking system. Always been a fan of ATI T5 systems. I have a mixed reef with some SPS in the middle under the XR15.

The Straton is a square light, and since your tank isn't, I don't think one would be the ideal solution.

GARRIGA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Don't have the light but top three consideration for upcoming main. Here's the spread numbers from the manufacturer. My concern being shading since anything in the perimeter will get less due to angle of spread and other corals. I can get around that by coral placement therefore my plan would be to isolate SPS to center of light and then perimeters being softies. Although I'd prefer to have more liberties will how exactly that goes vs limitation of lights.

Manufacturer suggests 36x28 for the 204 but I have my doubts on that yet it does fit your tank dimensions. End of day, if SPS more to center than edge then this likely works. Especially if raised a bit to get more spread although not sure what PAR and height levels are yet. Fact this supposedly illuminates to 40x32 suggests the lenses have ample spread. 290w is key.

Personally, I'd get two just because I hate hot spots and a fan of the old VHO spread. Hard to argue with getting a relatively evenly lit tank from edge to edge and maintaining options to place preferred corals where you please vs trying to fit one single light that's literally a 16" square. Physics can't be ignored and that back wall likely painted and not reflecting much back into the tank.

ATI STRATON.JPG

Oldreefer44

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Straton is a square light, and since your tank isn't, I don't think one would be the ideal solution.
They cover 24 x 24 sections perfectly with now light spill. I have 3 on a 72 x 24 and they are the best lights I have owned including Radions, Kessils, and Orpheks, among others.

MartinM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They cover 24 x 24 sections perfectly with now light spill. I have 3 on a 72 x 24 and they are the best lights I have owned including Radions, Kessils, and Orpheks, among others.
Exactly!

beesnreefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hoping y’all can help me out. I have three Stratons over my 6-foot tank. I was adjusting settings today when all of a sudden two of the lights disappeared in the app. I can only see one now:
IMG_2605.png

For the life of me I cannot figure out how to add the other two lights back. FWIW I can see all three when I first open the app…but it doesn’t matter which one I click on, I only see one light like the above photo.
IMG_2606.png

Can anyone help me figure this out?

beesnreefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hoping y’all can help me out. I have three Stratons over my 6-foot tank. I was adjusting settings today when all of a sudden two of the lights disappeared in the app. I can only see one now:
IMG_2605.png

For the life of me I cannot figure out how to add the other two lights back. FWIW I can see all three when I first open the app…but it doesn’t matter which one I click on, I only see one light like the above photo.
IMG_2606.png

Can anyone help me figure this out?
Figured it out!

Superlightman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We do not ignore emails, we are here 9-5 M-F Pacific time via phone, live chat and email. However we only support North America, if you are elsewhere I cannot comment on the support offered in your location. If you are in North America and your email has not received a response I promise you we did not receive it, please contact us via chat or phone.
I spoked about Ati in Europe not you

chipchipbro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone know of there is something like a mounting arm kit for the Straton Pro 102?
I am unsure if I can drill a hole in my ceiling.

Oldreefer44

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone know of there is something like a mounting arm kit for the Straton Pro 102?
I am unsure if I can drill a hole in my ceiling.
Doubt it but are you saying you can't drill a hole or don't want to? If a normal sheetrock ceiling you can put a hole in it with a large phillips screwdriver.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 56 74.7%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 10.7%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 8.0%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back