ATI Straton LED Light - Comments, Review, PAR, Coverage, Discuss...

Matthijs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 4 stratons above my tank for allmost 3 months, 100% coverage and I LOVE them!
Evenly spread light and in my eyes no disco at all.
Tank is 200x80x70

IMG_20200923_180702_085.jpg

IMG_20201113_171602_983.jpg

Grtz,
Matthijs

Karliefish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok great thanks...I’ll give this a try tonight and report back.
OK that did the trick - thanks. Sure would be nice if ATI included a paper in the packaging that said “Warning - Lights may not power on correctly until date/time is adjusted in setup”.

blitzkragz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can lights be controlled remote with iPhone or tablet?
Inside your home, yes without any hassle. To do it from like anywhere in the world, yes, but that will require you to know your public ip address and have some knowledge of port forwarding on your router to the internal IP address of one of the stratons.

Karliefish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Inside your home, yes without any hassle. To do it from like anywhere in the world, yes, but that will require you to know your public ip address and have some knowledge of port forwarding on your router to the internal IP address of one of the stratons.
Really appreciate the quick reply! Is there a 101 on router port forwarding where I can learn to do this or must I be a computer geek to figure this out :cool:

nornicle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So amazing Matthijs - what settings and what intensity do you use/ photo period?

I was worrying 3 over 150cm is too much, but 4 over 200cm makes me more comfortable.

Can you show how you mounted them?

I have 4 stratons above my tank for allmost 3 months, 100% coverage and I LOVE them!
Evenly spread light and in my eyes no disco at all.
Tank is 200x80x70

IMG_20200923_180702_085.jpg

IMG_20201113_171602_983.jpg

Grtz,
Matthijs
@Reef-Engineer
I love what this light does, and to me personally the only reason it is not over my tank (72'' Peninsula rimless) is due to the lack of a elegant mounting system that would secure the lights together and hide the cords inside.

What is your alternative? something like a Radion on a custom rail?

blitzkragz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really appreciate the quick reply! Is there a 101 on router port forwarding where I can learn to do this or must I be a computer geek to figure this out :cool:
Its second nature to geeks, for non-geeks it might be something to Google. Basically the straton out of the box sets up its own wifi network at 192.168.100.1 which you connect to on your phone. Then you would go into Settings-->WIFI and set the mode to "Client" and choose/connect to your normal home wifi network. Then you would need to discover the newly assigned IP address of your straton. Then on your router forward port 80 (or whatever port you want really other than 443) to that IP address. Then discover the public IP of your router, and when you are away from home you can access the straton on your phone's browser by going to http://publicipaddress:port

Karliefish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its second nature to geeks, for non-geeks it might be something to Google. Basically the straton out of the box sets up its own wifi network at 192.168.100.1 which you connect to on your phone. Then you would go into Settings-->WIFI and set the mode to "Client" and choose/connect to your normal home wifi network. Then you would need to discover the newly assigned IP address of your straton. Then on your router forward port 80 (or whatever port you want really other than 443) to that IP address. Then discover the public IP of your router, and when you are away from home you can access the straton on your phone's browser by going to http://publicipaddress:port
Actually I kinda follow what your explaining here so I’ll have to go and give this a try tomorrow. Hope you don’t mind if I come back to you if i get stuck along the process. One thing on your explanatioin that wasn’t clear to me....how do I discover the public IP on my router? Thanks again.

blitzkragz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually I kinda follow what your explaining here so I’ll have to go and give this a try tomorrow. Hope you don’t mind if I come back to you if i get stuck along the process. One thing on your explanatioin that wasn’t clear to me....how do I discover the public IP on my router? Thanks again.
There are like a million different routers out there, so I can't give you explicit instructions. But the general gist is, login to the router and look for it somewhere in the settings. Or, easy way, visit https://www.whatsmyip.org/ while your device is using the internet connection provided by your router.

Last edited:

Karliefish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are like a million different routers out there, so I can't give you explicit instructions. But the general gist is, login to the router and look for it somewhere in the settings. Or, easy way, visit https://www.whatsmyip.org/ while your device is using the internet connection provided by your router.
Brilliant that worked! Thank you!

Matthijs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So amazing Matthijs - what settings and what intensity do you use/ photo period?

I was worrying 3 over 150cm is too much, but 4 over 200cm makes me more comfortable.

Can you show how you mounted them?

Nornicle,

I mounted them on the ceiling like a regular hanging kit fixture.
In the beginning I used the lps/sps acclimatisation mode at 65%, after couple of weeks I changed my setting to sps at 85% and now I am using custom settings from an LFS who is testing them for at least one year, in the morning a blueish spectrum and around 12pm a whiter sps spectrum with a peak at 3pm of 90%.
Don't worry it would be too much, I never bleached or stressed a single coral as the light is very diffused and even spread, comparable to a t5 with a bit more shimmer and color popping.

Grtz,
Matthijs

VJV

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In Europe the economics are a bit different: a Radion costs approx 1.136,5$, the ATI 1.015$ and the Philips 846$. So the Coral Care is a very attractive proposition financially speaking.

techdef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Digging the heck of of how these look, and how they seem to work. Would you say 3 of them for a 6' x 2' x 2' tank? Thinking 4 of them would mean a lot of spill on the ends?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back