ATI Straton LED Light - Comments, Review, PAR, Coverage, Discuss...

HolySmoke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tomorrow the DSLR is coming out but here is a cell phone pic. 10:00- 22:00, Mixed reef preset 85% intensity applied to all segments. I didn't bother checking par or acclimating due to switching from radion. I will soon but everything looks happier so far. It is gentle and diffused but the tank looks bright.

Attachments

• 20210304_212008.jpg
    20210304_212008.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 232
  • 20210304_211956.jpg
    20210304_211956.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 200

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man is that music to my ears. The Alk consumption part especially coming from an 8 bulb sunpower. Quite shocking actually.

I just wanted to share what I did to rig up my two lights temporarily. Going to hang them after dinner but this might help out other people.

I flipped over the RMS rail drilled two holes. I put a machine screw threw the hole and two "eyes" on the ecotech cables, followed by a double nut. Pictures below.

This was and still might be a temporarily solution but Might just epoxy it white and call it a day. I might order the ati hardware and ship it to family on Germany.
I had a similar dosing ramp when I switched to the Sunpower from 3 Hydras. Even greater ramp honestly although it has only been a couple weeks so we will see. I never thought anything could outrun that Sunpower.

The only "problem" I am having is with keeping them level front/back. Messing with the power cords & zip ties to manage torque is kinda bogus. Right now, I have a flat bar of steel on top that I move fore/aft to balance the weight of the cords.

HolySmoke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a similar dosing ramp when I switched to the Sunpower from 3 Hydras. Even greater ramp honestly although it has only been a couple weeks so we will see. I never thought anything could outrun that Sunpower.

The only "problem" I am having is with keeping them level front/back. Messing with the power cords & zip ties to manage torque is kinda bogus. Right now, I have a flat bar of steel on top that I move fore/aft to balance the weight of the cords.

What I did was take some slack on the wires and used painters tape to keep them fastened against the wall behind the tank for the time being.

There is a new firmware update. 2.3.1 released Febuary 21st.

Also I Just set up a schedule for my lights from the facebook group. The guys name is PacoOG.
I cant share it here but will upload it to google drive or dropbox soon. So far im liking what Im seeing. Lights max out around 70% for 3 hours.

1614962870073.png

forestsofkelp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ended up having the rail kit shipped from Germany by somebody local. I’m putting up the lights this weekend...not sure how high to hang them. Pretty excited to get them up!

If anyone has any question about the kit I’m more than happy to answer them. It seems pretty simple and well thought out..but it’s not up yet!

Last edited:

Mjl714

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ended up having the rail kit shipped from Germany by somebody local. I’m putting up the lights this weekend...not sure how high to hang them. Pretty excited to get them up!

If anyone has any question about the kit I’m more than happy to answer them. It seems pretty simple and well thought out..but it’s not up yet!
I look forward to seeing them mounted on your tank.

HolySmoke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@forestsofkelp Awesome man you are gonna love them. I watched a German video of the guy assembling the hanging kit and it is very well thought out/engineered. I like how you can slide them by loosening a couple bolts. Please post pictures when you get them hung. I will do a very in depth par testing tomorrow at all different heights.

I got a lot done today on my tank and lights but not as much as I was hoping. I finally moved the tank into its final location after YEARS of delays. @ATI North America Keith can you please overnight me two washers and toggle bolts. I did such an idiotic thing and threw them out accidentally. I have washers and toggle bolts at my house but the head on the machine screws from HD are too big. They are 3/16 like the one in the kit too. I'm gonna get some hardware tomorrow but I would still like a matching set if it's not too much trouble. Just PM me for payment please if it can be done.

Imagine being so close to the finish line and then that happens. I gotta say although the bar system is killer and on a larger tank a real time saver the stock mounting system is just pure elegance. I didn't wanna take a .5" fixture and add more unnecessary hardware if I didnt have to. The hanging wires are so thin that it just looks like it's floating.

Attachments

• 20210306_221130.jpg
    20210306_221130.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 162
  • 20210306_220948.jpg
    20210306_220948.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 148
  • 20210306_223048.jpg
    20210306_223048.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 120

HolySmoke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Abhishek Par test coming tomorrow bud but I don't think it is going to be the result you were hoping for unfortunately. I mounted one light at 13.5" AWL and pulled a tape measure. At 29" there was substantial drop off just by my eye. Keep in mind this was with my lights ramping down for the night but I wouldn't expect more than 32" realistically.

When I take PAR measurements tomorrow I will try and go higher for you too. Unlike other fixtures these can be safely run at 100% and no fan so that might be your saving grace to squeeze out that 40" you need but keep in mind you are gonna be higher than Snoop Dogg at 10 am.

edited: I forgot to add that my lights are 7.5" AWL now and I measured almost the same drop off from my eye. 28-29". I was running them around 10" to try and even out the Distribution a little bit but Paco OG on the Facebook group that posted the schedule tested them at 20 cm AWL on a 55cm deep tank and posted these par numbers. Also because my tank is so shallow and is currently still mixed for the time being that drop off in par will help me.

Screenshot_20210305-033332_Facebook.jpg

Last edited:

paul01609

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any one had problems connecting to there network via client?in the setting of the strattons.
I have updated them,reset them tried every thing but no luck
i can only connect to them direct

HolySmoke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm running a custom graph from one of the Facebook group. The guy who made it has some glowing reviews and I like the natural bell curve with slow ramp down. I will comment on how the corals like them in a couple weeks. You can find the graph here. In the first picture where It says Files under Invite.

@paul01609 That's weird but the fact you are logging into your lights and all of them are having the same problem I would guess it's a networking conflict. Do you have multiple routers or an extender in the house? Were you trying to do it from a phone? If you have a computer with windows 10 and wifi capabilities I recommend connecting to the light that way.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210305-170741_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20210305-170741_Facebook.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 125
  • Screenshot_20210305-170936_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20210305-170936_Facebook.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 180

paul01609

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm running a custom graph from one of the Facebook group. The guy who made it has some glowing reviews and I like the natural bell curve with slow ramp down. I will comment on how the corals like them in a couple weeks. You can find the graph here. In the first picture where It says Files under Invite.

@paul01609 That's weird but the fact you are logging into your lights and all of them are having the same problem I would guess it's a networking conflict. Do you have multiple routers or an extender in the house? Were you trying to do it from a phone? If you have a computer with windows 10 and wifi capabilities I recommend connecting to the light that way.
Tried iPhone windows tablet every thing I can connect the Lights to my network
I can only coonect to the light by there WiFi access point

HolySmoke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tried iPhone windows tablet every thing I can connect the Lights to my network
I can only coonect to the light by there WiFi access point

Are all other settings saving to the lights? You said you updated them, when you login to the light and go to settings do you see firmware version 2.3.1? The light only saw my 2.4ghz frequency and didn't see the other two 5g I suspect this could be your problem because you sound like you are tech savvy.

Do you see your SSID show up after you click client on the drop down on the lights?
The only other suggestion would be to rename them. I have mine named StratonMain and Straton2 but they are not configured in master/slave

HolySmoke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same problem Paul, I suspect it’s like he says as I don’t have a actual computer connected just set it up on the iPad.

I think you are right this has to be the issue. I tried updating the firmware at first from my android and everything finished but it would not save. When I logged back into the light it still showed the old firmware. Once I hooked them up to my PC the whole process was effortless.

Also once you make the change to the home network and logout. You should be using http://"newname" to login to them and 192.168.100.1 should no longer be working.

CK00020

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup I did the same thing with the same result, that was like 3 months ago I have not adjusted it since because it wasn’t working. Thanks for letting me know that it needs to be hooked to a computer, as I suspected.

HolySmoke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup I did the same thing with the same result, that was like 3 months ago I have not adjusted it since because it wasn’t working. Thanks for letting me know that it needs to be hooked to a computer, as I suspected.

Yea kind of a bummer for people who don't have a PC at home. I would try and find a family member or friend with a laptop with windows 10. Download new firmware, rename, set schedule and then you should be able to access it and make changes with ANY device.

SuperSaiyanTang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Any chance you could post the color settings here?

paul01609

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine have all updated fine via the iPad Pro but still no luck connecting to my net work on iPad and surface pro

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 19 34.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 12.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 18 32.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 10 18.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.8%
Back