ATI Straton Pro (102, 153, 204)

nornicle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah it was.

What they could have said is, "Anything bought in Germany doesn't get service through us but we will do everything we can to help you get in contact with the right people should the occasion arise."

Then they doubled down saying if you bought a Neptune through a vendor but asked your LFS for help they wouldn't give it. Once again showing that customer service isn't their thing. I know multiple LFS owners that would help in a heartbeat. Even if all they did is get you in touch with Neptune or get links for some videos. You know why? Because that is what good customer service is and you're ALWAYS working on that next sale.
mate, you’re coming across quite rude.

i’ve noticed nothing but great information from the ati usa folk, even giving me info (i’m in Australia).

the point they made was how do you think the lfs would feel if you walked in with your online bought light and asked them about it. a little empathy mate.. no need to pull out the cancel culture card right now.

ATI North America

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah it was.

What they could have said is, "Anything bought in Germany doesn't get service through us but we will do everything we can to help you get in contact with the right people should the occasion arise."

Then they doubled down saying if you bought a Neptune through a vendor but asked your LFS for help they wouldn't give it. Once again showing that customer service isn't their thing. I know multiple LFS owners that would help in a heartbeat. Even if all they did is get you in touch with Neptune or get links for some videos. You know why? Because that is what good customer service is and you're ALWAYS working on that next sale.
Sorry you feel that way. I suspect you have never reached out to us for help as we are certainly happy to do so. How many manufactures in our hobby have live chat available 9-5 m-f? We answer our phones, return calls and emails. I think many who have dealt with us in the past would agree we stand way out in front of most all our industry for our support. However it comes at a cost and I don't think its unfair of us to expect to have an ability to pay for that cost (in the way of purchases made through our dealer network).

Generally speaking until a cost is involved (like if we have to send a part, shipping label for a return etc) we do not require a receipt. We support folks who have 10 year old fixtures they bought 3rd or 4th hand pretty regularly.

If you would like to discuss it further you can find me on live chat or give us a call :)

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ATI North America has been great to me!

Even with a 5 year old original gen 1 powermodule I bought second hand!

They sat and talked to me about it, how to get it setup properly(didn't even know ATI light studio existed), and even had parts for it! Ordered a couple fans, came 2 days. Ended up needing a new control board, had it in my hands in 2 days! Every email answered in a timely fashion, every pohone call answered immediately.

They are excellent at customer service! Could they have worded one of their posts a little differently so it wasn't quite so blunt, sure. But hindsight is always 20/20.

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sorry you feel that way. I suspect you have never reached out to us for help as we are certainly happy to do so. How many manufactures in our hobby have live chat available 9-5 m-f? We answer our phones, return calls and emails. I think many who have dealt with us in the past would agree we stand way out in front of most all our industry for our support. However it comes at a cost and I don't think its unfair of us to expect to have an ability to pay for that cost (in the way of purchases made through our dealer network).

Generally speaking until a cost is involved (like if we have to send a part, shipping label for a return etc) we do not require a receipt. We support folks who have 10 year old fixtures they bought 3rd or 4th hand pretty regularly.

If you would like to discuss it further you can find me on live chat or give us a call :)

I have dealt with ATI many times in the past. I am also 99% sure ATI North America came about from the old Reefgeek owners. Dealt with and bought loads from them over the years.

However, when my ATI LED Powermodule was a piece of junk with flickering LEDs the service was terrible. Was even told you guys didn't believe me until I sent the video in and there was no resolution. I had to figure it out on my own and wrote a troubleshooting guide to go along with my manual to use your software over on Reef Central. That was 10 years ago though.

I helped well over a dozen people that had the flickering LED issue as well since they received absolutely no support here in the States and over in Europe. It was a setting in the controller that was set wrong at the factory and we found a way to fix it.

I love ATI stuff and have promoted ATI for close to 15 years now. I have ran almost every ATI fixture available except the Straton. Tried to get them for more than a year but no success.

ATI North America

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have dealt with ATI many times in the past. I am also 99% sure ATI North America came about from the old Reefgeek owners. Dealt with and bought loads from them over the years.

However, when my ATI LED Powermodule was a piece of junk with flickering LEDs the service was terrible. Was even told you guys didn't believe me until I sent the video in and there was no resolution. I had to figure it out on my own and wrote a troubleshooting guide to go along with my manual to use your software over on Reef Central. That was 10 years ago though.

I helped well over a dozen people that had the flickering LED issue as well since they received absolutely no support here in the States and over in Europe. It was a setting in the controller that was set wrong at the factory and we found a way to fix it.

I love ATI stuff and have promoted ATI for close to 15 years now. I have ran almost every ATI fixture available except the Straton. Tried to get them for more than a year but no success.
I certainly appreciate years of support. I cannot speak on your experience that long ago, I have only been here since 2015. I hope you will keep in mind we are not engineers here and often times our support is limited to our experience and the help we can get from ATI Germany when needed. 10 years ago the Powermodule was brand new (I don't even have records showing it beyond 2013 since it was RG like you said). We have lots of experience since then much of which we figured out on our own like you did.

I hope you aren't holding an experience from 10 years ago against us today and the support we offer, and have offered for many years.

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I certainly appreciate years of support. I cannot speak on your experience that long ago, I have only been here since 2015. I hope you will keep in mind we are not engineers here and often times our support is limited to our experience and the help we can get from ATI Germany when needed. 10 years ago the Powermodule was brand new (I don't even have records showing it beyond 2013 since it was RG like you said). We have lots of experience since then much of which we figured out on our own like you did.

I hope you aren't holding an experience from 10 years ago against us today and the support we offer, and have offered for many years.

Definitely not.

I just thought your words could have been much better earlier in the thread. Telling potential customers (even if it is ATI Germany) they will get no support sounded like "you better not buy them from ATI Germany instead of us" which is not how you meant it but some (maybe just me) take it that way.

You can phrase it as such, "Just so you're aware if you import them from Germany, we are not able to provide any customer support or get you the needed repair items. That has to go through ATI Germany but we will help you reach someone over there."

Thanks for the back and forth. I will bow out now.

spsick

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No updates, the Straton Pro is not and likely will never be available in N. America.

That’s unfortunate we just get the scraps and not your premium offering but understandable if you can’t get supplies to make enough for everyone.

Wunderpus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its pretty straight forward. We are a totally separate company from ATI Germany. We pay for our service and support from the sales of goods in North America. If you buy goods from Germany we have nothing to do with it and therefor we aren't going to support it.

It is a bit like buying an ATI Light, Neptune Apex or Radion from Aquacave or BRS, then going to your LFS and asking them to program it for you. How keen will they be on doing so? Not keen at all I promise you.
With this, any news as to when you'll be selling this product? Assuming it comes with your service and/or support as needed.

Longatto

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No updates, the Straton Pro is not and likely will never be available in N. America.

looking to start my 200 gallon peninsula build.

I was thinking the Straton. but realized they have been discontinued? If I can still get one thru an online vendor, will you guys continue to offer customer support?

Has there been any change from ATI on the Straton Pro distribution since last month?

Any idea if the Straton FLEX might be coming to the US?

Thanks for any updates!

-Longatto

spsick

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Website updated unfortunately still no specs beyond led count and wattage.

ReefCheef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As most of you already know, ATI released the Straton Pro in Germany. It was released in three sizes, the 102 (12.6"x18.5"), the 153 (18.5"x18.5"), and the 204 (24"x18.5"), which are rated for SPS coverage at 23.6"x27.6', 27.6"x27.6", 35.4"x27.6", respectively. It appears that I can purchase these fixtures now.

According to ATI specs, three of the 153 fixtures would light my Red Sea S-1000 (82.7"x26.8",25.6") perfectly. However, I am considering three of the 204 fixtures instead, which should be good for a 106.2" SPS tank, and might provide a little more coverage, par, and shadow reduction, but at an added cost.

Any recommendations?

I'm still considering 4-5 (probably 5) Radion XR30 G6 fixtures as well.
I'd strongly consider the original stratons if I were you. I have 6 over my 400 and theyre by far my favorite lights of all time. Every reefer that comes into my living room immediately says the exact same thing. The "pros" really just came about 6 months after the originals were released as a way to curb expenses during covid when they couldn't get the parts they needed to make the original. They came out with a crappier version and labeled it "pro" and hoped no one would notice the most important component was missing (the diffuser).

Anyway, that's my two cents from someone that has 6 originals. I'd go original over "pro" every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd strongly consider the original stratons if I were you. I have 6 over my 400 and theyre by far my favorite lights of all time. Every reefer that comes into my living room immediately says the exact same thing. The "pros" really just came about 6 months after the originals were released as a way to curb expenses during covid when they couldn't get the parts they needed to make the original. They came out with a crappier version and labeled it "pro" and hoped no one would notice the most important component was missing (the diffuser).

Anyway, that's my two cents from someone that has 6 originals. I'd go original over "pro" every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

That is a pretty bold statement. What sort of data do you have to back that claim up?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 15 50.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 8 26.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 3.3%
Back