ATI Straton Pro (102, 153, 204)

CBonito

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The ATI Straton Pro comes with a hanging kit included, so its very easy to hang the lights.

As far as a bracket goes, here at ATI North America we are not engineers and we are not manufactures. If a 3rd party wishes to offer designing a bracket we would love to offer such a product. This is your chance to design and produce the perfect bracket tailored just to you liking.

Yes the 102 is in stock.
I became the owner of one this morning and yes, apparently I have no other choice. ;)

Gaoweihd

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@ATI North America I ordered a Straton Pro 153 White from saltwateraquarium.com last year in December, the order is paid, and now the status is still "AWAITING FULFILLMENT"

I understand that this light is short in stock, but just wondering is there any ETA for them to be in stock in U.S.? saltwateraquarium doesn't respond to my question through Email

ATI North America

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@ATI North America I ordered a Straton Pro 153 White from saltwateraquarium.com last year in December, the order is paid, and now the status is still "AWAITING FULFILLMENT"

I understand that this light is short in stock, but just wondering is there any ETA for them to be in stock in U.S.? saltwateraquarium doesn't respond to my question through Email

The 153 white was special order (I believe it will be stocked going forward but I am not sure).

I see your order, so it is entered and ready to go (we'll double check address before shipping). The fixture(s) shipped from Germany mid January and is expected to land late February. (hopefully the ship is not hijacked in the red sea...) Once it clears customs, gets tested, boxed etc. It will likely be ready to ship mid March.

CBonito

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
More so than the original Straton though? I love the original Straton, but one thing I miss with it is the shimmer.
There is definitely still shimmer. Bear in mind my tank is only 12" tall and the light is 12" off the surface.
At that height I get a little bit of separation too, but not that bad. This is an awesome light.

Last edited:

mooch28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is definitely still shimmer. Bear in mind my tank is only 12" tall and the light is 12" off the surface.
At that height I get a little bit of separation too, but not that bad. This is an awesome light.
I’m trying to justify if it’s worth the upgrade, going from the straton to the straton pro. I’d also have to upgrade two lights since I have a 48 inch wide tank. Decisions!

CBonito

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m trying to justify if it’s worth the upgrade, going from the straton to the straton pro. I’d also have to upgrade two lights since I have a 48 inch wide tank. Decisions!
I'm super happy with it. The coverage is great and the intensity is more than one could ever need. I'm lighting an entire 3 foot tank with the 102.

mooch28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You know what? I think sexy is the right word….

IMG_2869.jpeg
IMG_2876.jpeg
IMG_2871.jpeg
IMG_2872.jpeg
How would you compare the two? Do you find the newer pro adds more shimmer? Have coral colors improved with the newer version? Is the color rendering any different?

CBonito

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For violet ( they call it UV) coloring which adds to the coral fluorescence and a sunrise/ sunset effect. I used to have Orphek bars which I feel where a little more effective.
There is blue, UV and Royal blue channels.

I agree. This light seems to have more of a white emphasis, though you CAN get very blue and even match the ATI Blue Plus Bulb, but it's not enough blue to run standalone with the intensity you would want in my opinion, as this light focuses on the entire spectrum and that it does well.

And what I mean when I say that it's not enough blue, it means it's not enough blue in the ratio you would want if you were someone who augmented your previous lights with blues.

Either way, I still think this is the most complete light there is. Get one appropriately sized for your tank and you're all set. You don't need anything else. If you want to blue things up to taste, that's fine.

I love the "shallow reef" and SPS Plakativ presets. I am using the "shallow reef" at the peak of my photoperiod and this light is only using half the power that it can use. It's an amazing amount of light.

Colt13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone that's been around their light for long periods of time chime in on the noise? I know it doesn't have a fan, but I have a pair of Philips Coral Care 2 and they make noises randomly when they warm up and cool down due to thermal expansion coefficient of the optics and pcb. I've also had a Reefi Duo that did this even though it has a fan.

It's noticeable since it's in my living room next to my bedroom. It's quite annoying when I'm trying to sleep. This is hours after the lights have turned off.
finally someone else says this, i had the same issue and got rid of my coralcare because of it. i asked the creator of the CC's and he acted like it was a given and no big deal. such a dumb thing and nobody ever mentions it. part of the reason i bought a CC was for the silence.

CBonito

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
finally someone else says this, i had the same issue and got rid of my coralcare because of it. i asked the creator of the CC's and he acted like it was a given and no big deal. such a dumb thing and nobody ever mentions it. part of the reason i bought a CC was for the silence.
I can't hear any coil whine noises from this light over the water sounds of my tank.

DJF

know less, learn more
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How would you compare the two? Do you find the newer pro adds more shimmer? Have coral colors improved with the newer version? Is the color rendering any different?

It is very similar to the straton in regards to color. The pro colors do pop a little more; early morning shimmer is more defined and noticeable with pro. The biggest difference between the 2 is there is much less light spillage outside the tank from pro. Something I think this morning pic conveys (stratons right). Same %s IMG_3517.jpeg

Last edited:

CBonito

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is very similar to the straton in regards to color. The pro colors do pop a little more; early morning shimmer is more defined and noticeable with pro. The biggest difference between the 2 is there is much less light spillage outside the tank from pro. Something I think this morning pic conveys (stratons right). Same %s IMG_3517.jpeg
True. Spillover is greatly minimized.

mooch28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone! Preorder is in. I’ve also noticed the pro cuts back on cyan leds and adds cool white leds, which peak in the 450nm range. I believe the straton only had warm whites.

spsick

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Does this result in drastically different output? Like deeper and narrower vs wide and even from the original?

DJF

know less, learn more
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does this result in drastically different output? Like deeper and narrower vs wide and even from the original?
ill get you par reading comparisons today at full sun. Here’s my situation. I have a 96x36x27 upgrade in progress and I wanted to determine if 1 pro204 would be sufficient enough to replace 2 stratons. My interim tanks just so happen to be 3x 70g(36”L) tanks hence the environment.

Both the pro & stratons run on plakativ+ at fully acclimated setting; no adjustments to time, intensity or ramp up; all groups controlled as 1; each tank runs on its own WiFi.

(Par readings will be here)

Pro fts quick pic
IMG_3530.jpeg

Strat fts quick pic
IMG_3525.jpeg

CBonito

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

ill get you par reading comparisons today at full sun. Here’s my situation. I have a 96x36x27 upgrade in progress and I wanted to determine if 1 pro204 would be sufficient enough to replace 2 stratons. My interim tanks just so happen to be 3x 70g(36”L) tanks hence the environment.

Both the pro & stratons run on plakativ+ at fully acclimated setting; no adjustments to time, intensity or ramp up; all groups controlled as 1; each tank runs on its own WiFi.

(Par readings will be here)

Pro fts quick pic
IMG_3530.jpeg

Strat fts quick pic
IMG_3525.jpeg
The SPS Plakativ Preset is pretty intense. I'm peaking my photoperiod with "shallow reef" right now and I ramp upto it and down from it with my own presets. Just an awesome amount of light for the power used. It's all you really need. I can only imagine the 204. That's a lot of light.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 14 31.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 18 40.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.3%
Back