ATI Straton Pro (102, 153, 204)

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
From what I understand ATI Aquaristik makes "household lights" in the eyes of the regulations. As soon as you mount it on an aquarium, it becomes an aquarium light. If it becomes an aquarium light it requires waterproofing to some degree. This (from my understanding) is why ATI Aquaristik (Our German counterparts) have never made tank mounts.

Yes, I’m aware. I’m not worried about tank mounts. It’s any mounts in general that ATI never comes out with. Something to easily hang 2-3 units cleanly

DJF

know less, learn more
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You know what? I think sexy is the right word….

IMG_2869.jpeg
IMG_2876.jpeg
IMG_2871.jpeg
IMG_2872.jpeg

bizarro124

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone that's been around their light for long periods of time chime in on the noise? I know it doesn't have a fan, but I have a pair of Philips Coral Care 2 and they make noises randomly when they warm up and cool down due to thermal expansion coefficient of the optics and pcb. I've also had a Reefi Duo that did this even though it has a fan.

It's noticeable since it's in my living room next to my bedroom. It's quite annoying when I'm trying to sleep. This is hours after the lights have turned off.

Oldreefer44

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have regular Stratons. Have had since they first came out. ZERO noise. Not sure why there would be any. By the way have owned Orphek, AI, Radion, MH/t5, Kessil and several others over my several decades in the hobby. These are BY FAR the best lights I have owned. Are pretty much plug and play with presets or using unlimited self designed programs. Only have lost contact during power outage and lights are easily reset afterwards. Without question, regardless of how hard they are to find, I would purchase again if I were to set up another tank. Besides they are very sleek and can be totally hidden by a canopy if you want.

Raul-7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly, not sure why these are not that popular. Seems it has everything a modern aquarium LED fixture should have - slim, aesthetics, quiet, spread and powerful.

Only con of course is the price and not sure how much PAR each unit outputs.

But I definitely consider these over an AI or Radion, IMHO.

ArachnoJoozt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly, not sure why these are not that popular. Seems it has everything a modern aquarium LED fixture should have - slim, aesthetics, quiet, spread and powerful.
If they were as readily available as AI or Radion they would be one of the most popular lights. They tick all the boxes as you said :)

t5Nitro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is what I’d go with when I can’t use halides any longer.

t5Nitro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is a lot to think about putting 6k into lights over a 5-6 foot tank. Pretty crazy. People are nuts.

bizarro124

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone that's been around their light for long periods of time chime in on the noise? I know it doesn't have a fan, but I have a pair of Philips Coral Care 2 and they make noises randomly when they warm up and cool down due to thermal expansion coefficient of the optics and pcb. I've also had a Reefi Duo that did this even though it has a fan.

It's noticeable since it's in my living room next to my bedroom. It's quite annoying when I'm trying to sleep. This is hours after the lights have turned off.

I ended up getting two of the ATI Straton Pros 204 and they do make noise. It's a constant electrical buzzing noise. I notice it a few feet away. When I get close up to look at my corals I can easily hear it. It's not loud, but very noticeable since it's a higher frequency. Both fixtures do it. I haven't noticed any noises when they warm up or cool down, but I've only been running at 30% though.

Toky916

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From what I understand ATI Aquaristik makes "household lights" in the eyes of the regulations. As soon as you mount it on an aquarium, it becomes an aquarium light. If it becomes an aquarium light it requires waterproofing to some degree. This (from my understanding) is why ATI Aquaristik (Our German counterparts) have never made tank mounts.
Well maybe a 3rd party can make them?

Reef-Engineer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All.

I have two Straton Pro 204's ordered for delivery in the March/April timeframe (the first batch of 204's to come to the states as far as I know?). If I can set up a test arrangement I will compare the new units to the old Straton, and 8 bulb powermodule since I still have all of that data.

I will also get them plugged in, running, and weigh in on form, fit, function, mounting, sound, PAR, and the app, as objectively as possible.

arafas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi All.

I have two Straton Pro 204's ordered for delivery in the March/April timeframe (the first batch of 204's to come to the states as far as I know?). If I can set up a test arrangement I will compare the new units to the old Straton, and 8 bulb powermodule since I still have all of that data.

I will also get them plugged in, running, and weigh in on form, fit, function, mounting, sound, PAR, and the app, as objectively as possible.
Yes would like to see output par on these $$$

t5Nitro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes would like to see output par on these $$$
I don’t think that’s the best measure of a quality reef light any more. You can get pretty high par values with really cheap LEDs.

Looking forward to the data though. These, or whatever the current gen models are for the timeframe, would be my go to after I’m done with halides.

CBonito

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm really interested in the 102 model for my 3 foot tank. Like ready to buy one now. Any of the videos I have seen are gorgeous...as far as that goes.

But they need to get their **** together with proper solutions to hang their lights, and I could care less what they do in Germany. I'm in the US where you can't buy an m3 competition touring, but you sure can hang your lights however the hell you want without safety pup knocking at your door...if we had the stupid brackets.

Why are there no brackets that bolt to the back of the stand? A 1500 dollar light and I have to hang it from the ceiling? And the 1500 dollar one is the least expensive one...how about a 2000 dollar light that comes with no brackets...or a 2600 dollar one. Complete solutions people. This is like buying a car with no wheels. I know, I'll stick it to the wall with 3m tape and direct the light into the tank with a mirror... :thinking-face: :face-with-rolling-eyes:

I mean, not to single any company out as most others suck too with their brackets...but seriously, if I spend 1500 dollars on one light and have to go to three other sites to find some junk to mount it somehow, that's kind of a turnoff. I have to cobble kessil arm brackets to hang an ATI fixture...awesome.

P.S. Are these really in stock now? Or are all these e-tailers telling fibs again?

Ernie Mccracken

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have regular Stratons. Have had since they first came out. ZERO noise. Not sure why there would be any. By the way have owned Orphek, AI, Radion, MH/t5, Kessil and several others over my several decades in the hobby. These are BY FAR the best lights I have owned. Are pretty much plug and play with presets or using unlimited self designed programs. Only have lost contact during power outage and lights are easily reset afterwards. Without question, regardless of how hard they are to find, I would purchase again if I were to set up another tank. Besides they are very sleek and can be totally hidden by a canopy if you want.

Why did you add quanta pro bars?

ATI North America

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm really interested in the 102 model for my 3 foot tank. Like ready to buy one now. Any of the videos I have seen are gorgeous...as far as that goes.

But they need to get their **** together with proper solutions to hang their lights, and I could care less what they do in Germany. I'm in the US where you can't buy an m3 competition touring, but you sure can hang your lights however the hell you want without safety pup knocking at your door...if we had the stupid brackets.

Why are there no brackets that bolt to the back of the stand? A 1500 dollar light and I have to hang it from the ceiling? And the 1500 dollar one is the least expensive one...how about a 2000 dollar light that comes with no brackets...or a 2600 dollar one. Complete solutions people. This is like buying a car with no wheels. I know, I'll stick it to the wall with 3m tape and direct the light into the tank with a mirror... :thinking-face: :face-with-rolling-eyes:

I mean, not to single any company out as most others suck too with their brackets...but seriously, if I spend 1500 dollars on one light and have to go to three other sites to find some junk to mount it somehow, that's kind of a turnoff. I have to cobble kessil arm brackets to hang an ATI fixture...awesome.

P.S. Are these really in stock now? Or are all these e-tailers telling fibs again?

The ATI Straton Pro comes with a hanging kit included, so its very easy to hang the lights.

As far as a bracket goes, here at ATI North America we are not engineers and we are not manufactures. If a 3rd party wishes to offer designing a bracket we would love to offer such a product. This is your chance to design and produce the perfect bracket tailored just to you liking.

Yes the 102 is in stock.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 14 30.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 18 39.1%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 11 23.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.2%

Back