ato reefkeeper

EuroDriver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I used to use an RKL to control an ATO system. You'll need an SL-1 (now SLX) or SL-2 to connect a float switch to one of the switch inputs. Connect you feed pump (I used a Tom's Aqualifter) to a PC4 and have it turn on or off when the switch is open or closed (configure to your liking).
One of the issues I had with the RKL is because the aqualifter draws so little amperage, I had to connect an illuminated power strip between the pump and the PC4 because sometimes it wouldn't turn off. Other than that, using the Digital Aquatics float switch is the simplest, hassle-free and most reliable ATO system I have ever run.

Dukeap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, on your pc4 you need to plug in the pump to the first or the last socket those are for less power/watt items the center two are for higher power and its why they stick and dont turn off. I use 3 toms for dosing chemicals. I actually had my ato setup with a timer on the rkl since i didnt have acl. I check for a week how much water it went down each day and then program the timer to fill that amount through out the day, not as easy as the float switch but worked for me until i got an actual ato system.

OP
OP
R

reefwreck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i hook pump to 1 or 4 socket and hook up my switches low and high

Dukeap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes but there is more, go to youtube.com and type rkl ato setup and there is a few videos on it because you got to setup an alarm for your switch and then connect it to the socket to trigger the on and off

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back