Aussie Torch Coral ID

HMpops

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for input on identifying this Aussie Torch?

IMG_0757.jpg

OP
OP
HMpops

HMpops

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! Not exactly sure...but I have photos from 2013. So, at least that long (6 years). At least 25 heads.

motortrendz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow. Really nice. Are you trying to frag/sell it or just curious about it? They really didn't have names back then. They usually jusy came as ausi euphelia, or Indo euphelia. 20-30$ a head for crazy ones. Now they're worth about 10x that. Until the craze slows down and indo opens their doors again and starts flooding the market with more LPS

OP
OP
HMpops

HMpops

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm actually slowly converting my 150DT to a SPS dominant tank. I'm building a LPS/softy dominant system, starting with my own corals. I'm looking to trade some heads for a Gold. So, I'd like to be able to name it. I understand common names, not scientific, are relative...and random.

LIreefguy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s just a green torch with blue tips

You might find a name on a website but it’s just a green torch

If you can find someone to trade you a gold torch for a green do it But I think that’s be hard
Might be better to frag it sell off the frags and buy a gold.

OP
OP
HMpops

HMpops

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s just a green torch with blue tips

You might find a name on a website but it’s just a green torch

If you can find someone to trade you a gold torch for a green do it But I think that’s be hard
Might be better to frag it sell off the frags and buy a gold.
Understand. I'm not looking at a trade straight up. I understand the Gold is more valuable. I already have an offer from my LFS. I'm just looking to explore other options. I plan to frag it.

LIreefguy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
honestly IMO that looks more like a green indo torch

I would say a head goes for 100 -150 a head

aussie golds 250-450 a head
indo golds depending on how gold in regular lighting, be carefully some look great in super blue, but not regular lighting
can be 500-1400 a head

to be honest i wouldn't touch and indo gold right now, too expensive in my opinion , but too each its own

TARHEEL78

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Understand. I'm not looking at a trade straight up. I understand the Gold is more valuable. I already have an offer from my LFS. I'm just looking to explore other options. I plan to frag it.
Don't do it, you know you don't want to trade/sell it to them. ;)

Also, those pics don't do that torch justice. It looks way better in person.

OP
OP
HMpops

HMpops

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have one that is similar. are the tips white?
These are blue. However, It depends on the light spectrum you're using. I'm a professional photographer, although I used a iPhone, with a Polyp lab Coral view lens, for this shot. Unless you're more curious, I won't get too technical regarding Kelvin and photography. However, a corals color will absolutely change based on the light spectrum you're viewing the coral under. By using the above mentioned lens over my iPhone, you're getting a more accurate color representation. There's more to it than that...but hope this helps!

OP
OP
HMpops

HMpops

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't do it, you know you don't want to trade/sell it to them. ;)

Also, those pics don't do that torch justice. It looks way better in person.
LOL...I won't. You're right... I just want to get my hands on a Gold torch and I'm not paying the LFS the price they want for one head. BTW, hope your frags are doing well. If you're ready for more, I have a few additional varieties. Give me a call!

TARHEEL78

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL...I won't. You're right... I just want to get my hands on a Gold torch and I'm not paying the LFS the price they want for one head. BTW, hope your frags are doing well. If you're ready for more, I have a few additional varieties. Give me a call!
They are doing great, not a ton of growth yet but they look good. I'll give you a call or text tomorrow.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 42 58.3%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 20 27.8%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 6.9%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.8%
Back