Automatic Water Changes with Triton Method

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

meinekebob

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is anyone doing small awc in conjunction with the Triton method? Thinking about doing 1% awc per day, but not sure if the triton method would support this. looking for opinions.

Dr. Jim

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is anyone doing small awc in conjunction with the Triton method? Thinking about doing 1% awc per day, but not sure if the triton method would support this. looking for opinions.
Technically speaking, if you do water changes then you aren't truly following the Triton Method.....but if you are referring to just the CORE 7, then sure, you can do water changes. That's what I do. And, they are daily, 0.9% changes every day. You can think of the CORE 7 just as any other 3-Part system on the market. With any of them, you have to "dial in" the proper amounts to dose...so that shouldn't be any more difficult to do with the tiny daily water changes, IMO.

OP
OP
M

meinekebob

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thats what i was thinking, I'm due, according to the last 2 icp tests, to do my 6- 15% water changes to correct some elevated levels. So i was just thinking of doing a 1% daily wc and correct my current dosing of the core7. Just wanted others opinions on modifying it a little.

K7BMG

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run Triton and will forever do water changes.

I know that the big sell for Triton is to become water change free.

However my common sense meter does not believe this.
Yes I know we are learning more and more and the WC of yestarday theory is fast becoming obsolete. But its not obsolete yet, and if Triton ICP testing corrects things by using WC as the methodology well, this backs up my thinking.

Yes we will get the few that will now post the boast of I have not done a WC ever. Thats great but like it or not they are in the minority.
Very happy for them and their success.
But for each one there are a thousand that this caused a catastrophe.

So as a Triton method reefer I do 10% or more a month.
The potential bad part that could happen is you could add excessive amounts of something but the ICP will show these results and we can adjust from there.

Besides this is a method and a fairly new one we are still learnig from.
Tried and true is still a few years out.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 84 87.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.1%
Back