OP
aquavista99

aquavista99

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
thanks, hopefully mine gets all the colors like yours and the mother colony mines from.

My Optimus Prime colony started off from a small 1/2" frag I received from @Reefnjunkie a few years ago (and his colony, pictured below, was small too).

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Optimus Prime colony started off from a small 1/2" frag I received from @Reefnjunkie a few years ago (and his colony, pictured below, was small too).

I miss that coral.

Im pretty sure the name is being used by others that dont have direct lineage to this small morsel. 3 frags were sold, thats all- You got 1, Dennis at law office aquariums (or something like that) and one other that Matt sold. Those are all I am aware and thats what you got out of 2 years of growth.

I'd venture to guess you hold the sole MattV Optimus Prime- glad it lives (if you need a back up grower look no further :) )

Javier Leon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow
Impressive
What a dream tank
Am on the same process of having my dream tank 108” L x 27”D x 24”H and am wondering what company to use, Exotic Aquarium and Reef Savvy are in my top list and this pictures here make this more realistic to me about who am going to use to build my tank. Please all am asking is that you keep us posted more often. Am sure it will be a great tank to admire

coralbeauties

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have known Tim for some time now and he has paid his dues. His first tank that I know of was a 180, then 220, then 300 and finally this monster. He has learned this craft well. He is a very keep it simple guy. Uses a ca reactor, nice skimmer, metal halide lights good vortech pumps and a no nothing fancy sump. No fancy Neptune controller or any other gagets. Keep it simple attitude and it really works well for him. I usually leave a puddle of drool on his floor after I have been there:)
Jeff

OP
OP
aquavista99

aquavista99

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thank you Brad for your input. I knew the MattV Optimus Prime was ultra rare but had know idea I could be the only hobbyist left growing out that small morsel gem. When its ready to frag, I will make sure to share it with you.

I miss that coral.

Im pretty sure the name is being used by others that dont have direct lineage to this small morsel. 3 frags were sold, thats all- You got 1, Dennis at law office aquariums (or something like that) and one other that Matt sold. Those are all I am aware and thats what you got out of 2 years of growth.

I'd venture to guess you hold the sole MattV Optimus Prime- glad it lives (if you need a back up grower look no further :) )

OP
OP
aquavista99

aquavista99

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thank you, Javier for the compliments! More updates to follow and best of luck with your new tank and finding a quality aquarium builder you trust. Reef Savvy is second to none in my opinion for building custom aquariums.

Wow
Impressive
What a dream tank
Am on the same process of having my dream tank 108” L x 27”D x 24”H and am wondering what company to use, Exotic Aquarium and Reef Savvy are in my top list and this pictures here make this more realistic to me about who am going to use to build my tank. Please all am asking is that you keep us posted more often. Am sure it will be a great tank to admire

Last edited:
OP
OP
aquavista99

aquavista99

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I really appreciate this, Jeff (emphasis added). Keeping it simple has worked well for me over the years. :)

I have known Tim for some time now and he has paid his dues. His first tank that I know of was a 180, then 220, then 300 and finally this monster. He has learned this craft well. He is a very keep it simple guy. Uses a ca reactor, nice skimmer, metal halide lights good vortech pumps and a no nothing fancy sump. No fancy Neptune controller or any other gagets. Keep it simple attitude and it really works well for him. I usually leave a puddle of drool on his floor after I have been there:)
Jeff

OP
OP
aquavista99

aquavista99

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Peng's Heart of the Ocean has arrived! It looked stunning upon arrival as well. Also received Peng's Avalanche, Jason Fox Purple Blade Simplex, Gonzo's Cookie Monster and Copps' 24k millepora. It doesn't get any better than trading hobbyist to hobbyist. Thank you @jda for the nice additions!

Last edited:

tnyr5

Tony
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My MattV Optimus Prime has been cooking for a few years and is now starting to take off.

Tim, try growing these newfangled rainbow-type tenuis in low light until they have good size, then move them up to get the fancy colors. I've found that you have two choices with them: high light and awesome color, or low light and fast growth. Also, hurry up.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 23 29.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 38.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 25.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back