Baby turbo snails

savvyreefs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My snails had babies recently does anyone know how to keep these alive, how long they take to get to a nice size. Snail babies could also be from the the black and white snail.

IMG_6465.png

IMG_6478.png

Last edited:

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Those are probably not baby turbos. They look like possible Sundial Snails?

OP
OP
savvyreefs

savvyreefs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those are probably not baby turbos. They look like possible Sundial Snails?
I don’t have sundials snails in my tank and I haven’t bought anything new in almost 8 months have 2 different type of turbos and dove tails also a few other pest type.

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I don’t have sundials snails in my tank and I haven’t bought anything new in almost 8 months have 2 different type of turbos and dove tails also a few other pest type.
Unfortunately neither did I. Not all Sundials are bad though except they can really explode in population.

I never had asterina stars in my tank and haven't added anything except a fish in almost 6 months. Last week I found 3 - on was almost an inch across. It's crazy what can hide in our tanks.

Hopefully they're baby turbos, that's what I thought mine were too.

OP
OP
savvyreefs

savvyreefs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately neither did I. Not all Sundials are bad though except they can really explode in population.

I never had asterina stars in my tank and haven't added anything except a fish in almost 6 months. Last week I found 3 - on was almost an inch across. It's crazy what can hide in our tanks.

Hopefully they're baby turbos, that's what I thought mine were too.
That’s so crazy how thing’s just turn up unexpectedly. I’ve had it happen before too. I just can’t wait for them to grow out. It seems like a lot so I’ll prolly have to give some away. I never thought a asterina would get an inch across, did you get a picture mine never get that big I have them in my tank .

Honestly I hope they’re turbos too it would be sick to get some baby turbos. I’ll keep you updated I usually get up around 3 am to check on them the dove tails get big faster than I thought they laid soo many eggs it was unreal.

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s so crazy how thing’s just turn up unexpectedly. I’ve had it happen before too. I just can’t wait for them to grow out. It seems like a lot so I’ll prolly have to give some away. I never thought a asterina would get an inch across, did you get a picture mine never get that big I have them in my tank .

Honestly I hope they’re turbos too it would be sick to get some baby turbos. I’ll keep you updated I usually get up around 3 am to check on them the dove tails get big faster than I thought they laid soo many eggs it was unreal.
If they turn out to be something good, put me down for a handful! :)

OP
OP
savvyreefs

savvyreefs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brother!!!! That’s crazy!

How’d it get that big or why’d it get that big.

These are the dove tails or strombus maculatus that hatched like 3 weeks ago.

ISpeakForTheSeas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My snails had babies recently does anyone know how to keep these alive, how long they take to get to a nice size.
Neat to see that these are reproducing (whatever type they are) - the fact that they're benthic and not pelagic means that they'll most likely survive as long as they have the right kinds of food (which I would assume is the green algae they all seem to be on in that video of yours) and no predators.

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Brother!!!! That’s crazy!

How’d it get that big or why’d it get that big.

These are the dove tails or strombus maculatus that hatched like 3 weeks ago.
No clue. I hadn't even seen one and then that thing was on my rockwork one morning. Since then I've seen 2 or 3 more little guys.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 127 42.6%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 104 34.9%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 47 15.8%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 15 5.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.7%
Back