Bamboo shark behavior

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You did read your post, right? "no place for shaming, bullying..." but "shame on those of you...". Maybe I'll just leave you with that thought... :rolleyes:

And just so we're crystal clear, there's a big difference between doing months of reading, research, asking questions (LFS, other reefers - forums like this), getting the right setup, following solid advice and despite your best efforts - losing a fish, invert or coral - and beating yourself up over it. And then going on a forum, listing what you did (or didn't do) and asking for suggestions on what you could change and/or improve upon to hopefully avoid a repeat scenario. I see at least a half dozen of these types of threads on R2R every time I login.

Square tank for a shark. Apparently (as I've learned), this is a pretty huge deal breaker for sharks. I also know that (having worked in a LFS for the past year) that while you can (and some do) successfully convert freshwater tanks to saltwater, it's not necessarily the most ideal scenario. And it was pretty obvious from the first photo that this setup was lacking some key elements like flow and filtration (at least insofar as the new addition was concerned).
again ,how is this helping OP. ;Stop

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
KID IS ,DOING WHAT HE CAN ,atm, REHOMING SHARK , ENOUGH ALREADY..

Reefing_addiction

It’s my TANK and I want it NOW!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would not hit the ignore button for anyone because even those people may have experience or info you may need just my 2 cents
Have you ever ignored someone? It’s great. Because at the bottom of the page it gives you the option to either see the post or not. And another great thing you can also un-ignore people in the future.

Essential ignoring them now cleans the thread up for him

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this your idea of being helpful?
No. It was a lapse in judgement, and the a hole marine in me popped out a little, when it popped up after posting something to help op. But it is what it is, so heck with it. Done is done. Just tired of all the bashing on the poor kid.

So in order to get back to the task at hand.

Jordon,
Let us know how things go in the morning and update us on finding the shark a new home. I will be traveling, as will a few others trying to help ya keep the critter alive until you rehome. But a few others won’t be, so they can help ya out with anymore questions.

Also, you are doing the right thing trying to rehome the shark. Mistakes happen and don’t beat yourself up over it. Just learn from it and don’t make the same mistake twice.

Once this is all done, 52 weeks of reefing by brs is a good point to start at and then you can work with the community here to get you a tank setup to get ya salty and started out the right way.

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you ever ignored someone? It’s great. Because at the bottom of the page it gives you the option to either see the post or not. And another great thing you can also un-ignore people in the future.

I actually have not. I’m a big boy and can read the posts and not be but hurt

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

It is nice to know they can be un ignored tho

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,1 st off i'd like to say a 6" bamboo in a 125 ,will be fine for now,I will be sparse this weekend but calling in HELP. :)
@Eagle_Steve @F i s h y @MERKEY @Lost in the Sauce @LRT @sfin52 @Jay Hemdal @vetteguy53081 @Frigus Reef @lion king
Lets keep this one on topic ,Thanks for all your Help...all..:)
If @dantimdad is still around he has kept and may still have some. I believe he kept his in a large stock tank. May be something to look at further down the road

Status
Not open for further replies.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 86.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back