Status
Not open for further replies.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Jordan1050064 i know some people are being mean, but you’re doing the right thing and it’s pretty hard to accept a mistake and do the right thing like you are. Most people here really are friendly, and they know a lot, been doing this for decades.
I agree. This can be managed until you rehome it. Just going to take some work, and you are willing to do that. Just ignore the negative Nancy’s.

reefingaz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Considering the time of day. The fact that there are no local fish store near lake Charles why don’t you get lost be helpful or leave
Dude Please Calm down playing the righteous patrol. This guys keeps creating new post hoping someone will tell him his tank is amazing and he’s doing a great job. It’s not going to happen here. Hes a big boy and can stand up for himself.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Take it easy your points been made
The point was made in the previous threads that were started and/or locked yesterday, too (this is the 4th or 5th bamboo shark-related thread started by the OP). Back when the shark had a better survival rate, incidentally. But no, everyone insisted on trying to ‘help’ when it was crystal clear this was a doomed scenario from the outset. So what did prolonging the inevitable accomplish? Zero.

OP
OP
J

Jordan1050064

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dude Please Calm down playing the righteous patrol. This guys keeps creating new post hoping someone will tell him his tank is amazing and he’s doing a great job. It’s not going to happen here. Hes a big boy and can stand up for himself.
I need help obviously I never ask ppl to rate my tank

Reefing_addiction

It’s my TANK and I want it NOW!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He keeps making new threads cuz people can be jerks and unhelpful

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No he made a new post as rude people got it closed from all the bashing. The op messed up, he knows that and is trying to buy time until he rehomes it.

Dolphins18

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The quicker you find a new home the better. If you spend all your time doing water changes you are just prolonging things. Try and find a home, and in the meantime if you can't, try really hard to get seachem prime and dump 5 caps in a day until you find a home for the animal.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The point was made in the previous threads that were started and/or locked yesterday, too (this is the 4th or 5th bamboo shark-related thread started by the OP). Back when the shark had a better survival rate, incidentally. But no, everyone insisted on trying to ‘help’ when it was crystal clear this was a doomed scenario from the outset. So what did prolonging the inevitable accomplish? Zero.
He screwed up, it happens. Are you perfect? No you are not and neither am I.

Last edited by a moderator:

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For everyone here that’s ticked off this fish hasn’t been rehomed lend me your eyes. This 17yr old came here ill prepared and Badly advised but looking for answers. Many found out he was unprepared and lost there cool trying to get that point across. This has only made you look unreasonable because the thread starter doesn’t know how unprepared he is.. asking for answers…. Is that not what we do here? So he has been led a stray by his buddy that gave him the current knowledge he poses for marine keeping. We need to go backwards before we can move forward. We that are trying to understand the level of his knowledge are not acting as enablers to an animals death. We’re trying to get this thread starter up to speed and your slowing down the process.

Reefing_addiction

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey your trying to do the right thing. I believe you know you made a mistake and your trying to fix it. I believe you got this. Just do what we’ve told you with the water change

Do you have an air pump and stone? You could through that in to help with the o2 levels

Start posting on local boards (check Facebook for local reef communities too!) and hopefully we can get this all squared away

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The animal should have been gone earlier today.

Period
And maybe it would have been if we got to finish answering all his questions yesterday! But acting like cool kids got that last thread shut down!

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting ethical debate happening here. When was the last time anyone bought livestock and the vendor made them provide proof of tank size, aquascape, and water parameters?
We are trying to avoid the debate thing here. Just help a kid who was steered wrong. Please make a thread for that topic elsewhere.

Not being mean, but trying to keep this easy to read for the op.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
need to do a little more research yourself ,before making false points..

Reefing_addiction

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting ethical debate happening here. When was the last time anyone bought livestock and the vendor made them provide proof of tank size, aquascape, and water parameters?
That would be good for them to do. Heck if an individual did it it would be amazing unfortunately companies and some people are just looking for a quick dollar

Dolphins18

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For everyone here that’s ticked off this fish hasn’t been rehomed lend me your eyes. This 17yr old came here ill prepared and Badly advised but looking for answers. Many found out he was unprepared and lost there cool trying to get that point across. This has only made you look unreasonable because the thread starter doesn’t know how unprepared he is.. asking for answers…. Is that not what we do here? So he has been led a stray by his buddy that gave him the current knowledge he poses for marine keeping. We need to go backwards before we can move forward. We that are trying to understand the level of his knowledge are not acting as enablers to an animals death. We’re trying to get this thread starter up to speed and your slowing down the process.
At this point we just are trying to get him to return the animal to a proper home, because one of the most important things is knowing when you can't handle something and trying to find a proper home for it. When two tangs are fighting to the death and its clear, one needs to be rehomed. In this case, from the very first post it was clear as day that this animal needed to be rehomed immediately. That is the learning process - but do it before letting the animal die.
I posted this for the OP, I hope he uses it.
It truly is the only chance this thing lives, no amount of water changes are going to keep an incredibly difficult to care for animal that already isn't eating alive.

OP
OP
J

Jordan1050064

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey your trying to do the right thing. I believe you know you made a mistake and your trying to fix it. I believe you got this. Just do what we’ve told you with the water change

Do you have an air pump and stone? You could through that in to help with the o2 levels

Start posting on local boards (check Facebook for local reef communities too!) and hopefully we can get this all squared away he ai

Start posting on local boards (check Facebook for local reef communities too!) and hopefully we can get this all squared away
Yes I been having a air stone in there and the water agating is still good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 64 39.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 21.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 34.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.7%
Back