Bamboo shark behavior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Righteous

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I did the ammonia is like only 0.3 I think so that’s not high right ? And the nitrate is high

If you have any Seachem Prime, I would dose that ASAP according to directions to neutralize the ammonia so it doesn’t keep harming the shark. Maybe you friend has some to borrow if you don’t have any. That should hold him overnight till he can be rehomed.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You would need to pickup something like fritz Or microbacter7 something to add bacteria back to the tank.
@Jordan1050064
Swipe Up Black Man GIF by Black Prez

OP
OP
J

Jordan1050064

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
N
If you have any Seachem Prime, I would dose that ASAP according to directions to neutralize the ammonia so it doesn’t keep harming the shark. Maybe you friend has some to borrow if you don’t have any. That should hold him overnight till he can be rehomed.n
No him or me doesn’t

Righteous

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Adding bacteria at this point is too late. I saw the ammonia reading in the other post and I think it’s closer to 0.5ppm there.

I know you believe that the tank is cycled, but if it sat without anything in it for a while, then the cycle would have to restart. In any case, it is not cycled to handle the ammonia levels from a shark. You would have needed to add bacteria and ammonia for a month at least in a tank with no rock, and a single filter to get to any point that might handle a shark.

If you have ammonia at that level, it’s not cycled, and it won’t be within the time the shark can survive.

OP
OP
J

Jordan1050064

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Adding bacteria at this point is too late. I saw the ammonia reading in the other post and I think it’s closer to 0.5ppm there.

I know you believe that the tank is cycled, but if it sat without anything in it for a while, then the cycle would have to restart. In any case, it is not cycled to handle the ammonia levels from a shark. You would have needed to add bacteria and ammonia for a month at least in a tank with no rock, and a single filter to get to any point that might handle a shark.

If you have ammonia at that level, it’s not cycled, and it won’t be within the time the shark can survive.
Wait let me test again and show everyone

OP
OP
J

Jordan1050064

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At this point if you can I think a 50% water change would be a good idea if you can to help reduce ammonia

No it was running its still still good

Zeal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seriously people.

Let's be real here. RETURN THIS POOR ANIMAL TO THE STORE. IT IS GOING TO DIE.

You're all being so nice but this guy clearly has no idea what hes doing. Look at his tank look at his set up. He literally has fresh water set up with a tank.

I've seen this guy multiple times on here. This poor animal is suffering and theres a 99% chance its going to die

Last edited by a moderator:

Righteous

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No it was running its still still good

This is when people here will get frustrated, please listen to the advice. Either your are here asking for help, or you are here trolling the forum with a fake story.

Your positive ammonia reading means the tank is not cycled even if you think it is.

OP
OP
J

Jordan1050064

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seriously people.

Let's be real here. RETURN THIS POOR ANIMAL TO THE STORE. IT IS GOING TO DIE.

You're all being so nice but this guy clearly has no idea what hes doing. Look at his tank look at his set up. He literally has fresh water set up with a tank.

I've seen this guy multiple times on here. This poor animal is suffering and theres a 99% chance its going to die
He willlllllllllll I can’t just go right now I’m the middle of the dark

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
J

Jordan1050064

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is when people here will get frustrated, please listen to the advice. Either your are here asking for help, or you are here trolling the forum with a fake story.

Your positive ammonia reading means the tank is not cycled even if you think it is.I

Your positive ammonia reading means the tank is not cycled even if you think it is.
I’m really asking for help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back