Banana Lokani

29bonsaireef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Who has it? I was able to pick up a small frag the other day, not sure if its OG or if its really a Lokani. Definitely a yellowish/green smooth skin. Supposedly from the ATL Banana piece. Any photos out there of this thing? Or someone still growing it? Really excited to see what it turns into either way.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been looking too... preferably from somebody who got it from Atlantis, which means an older/established tank.

Please let us know how it is doing. I had some that fell behind the rocks and died before I noticed.. this was probably a decade ago. The guy that I got it from lost all of his in his foray into LEDs between running MH. It is lost to me, as well.

20K Lokani and this are on my list, but I have a legit lead for 20k. Good luck.

OP
OP
29bonsaireef

29bonsaireef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man, I wish I could find a good frag of 20k 0r 30k lokani. Seems extinct in my area.. The guy I got the Banana frag from is pretty legit, older dude been reefing forever. Only doubt I have is that he got this piece from someone else, but either way it's a nice looking smooth skin. I'll post up some pics once its settled in, was a fresh cut right out of the tank.

CoralCache

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am one of those old guys therefor I know a lot of old reef guys. Lol
My 20 and 30k has been around a long time although I lost mine previously I just got back the tiniest nubs of each. We are talking 1 polyp of each. Both are growing though so all good.
6 months or so I will have frags. Maybe wait until Rap Orlando to cut them next year.

OP
OP
29bonsaireef

29bonsaireef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha. I will have to find you if you bring some frags next year. I looked for some just this past RAP but the crowd was awful. Managed to pick up a nice Pearlberry frag and got out of there.

CoralCache

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What booth did you get the Pearlberry from? I was helping my buddy at his booth and sold a couple.

Haha. I will have to find you if you bring some frags next year. I looked for some just this past RAP but the crowd was awful. Managed to pick up a nice Pearlberry frag and got out of there.

OP
OP
29bonsaireef

29bonsaireef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually had a Tyree Longhorn back the day.. one of my favorite Lokani, totally forgot about that one.

I got the Pearlberry from Reinaldo (Pirates Reef)

CoralCache

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man that guy must have made a killing. Everyone I talked to was buying from them. He must be doing something very right. Good for him

Erick F.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was also at RAP and I agree that there was limited sps selection as a whole in the show. Ray at PRC, Mike Big R and LRO were definitely the exception to this. I bought multiple pieces from each of them and I cannot be happier with my purchases. The PRC Fruity Pebbles is absolutely amazing and has held the colors in my tank.

J. Austin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have the named "Banana Lokani," but I have a sick Lokani growing that I fall in love with more and more weekly.

OP
OP
29bonsaireef

29bonsaireef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have heard from multiple sources that the original Atlantis piece was actually a Multiacuta and not a Lokani. I would almost agree the colony my frag came from looked more Multiacuta or Caroliniana than Lokani, but who knows for sure.

There's so many other cool Lokani out there. It's a shame there's not more people trading/selling these anymore. When I was new to the hobby I only kept Caribbean species. These smoothies are what convinced me to take a dive into the exotics.

J. Austin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have Lokani and Caroliniana......I can't see an acropora nut not having one or both!

IMG_3289.JPG

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am glad that you all found any good acros at a frag show. ...sometimes there are not many to be had. The people at frag shows are not usually high-end acropora people and I do not blame folks for not bringing many of them. All that I got at a recent show was Ice Age Granulosa... happy to get it, but if I missed it, I was going home empty handed.

If we are talking about lokani-like smoothies, then the old Jason Fox Purple Blade Simplex is fantastic... great growth patterns. He lost it, I guess, but if you can find it, it is amazing. CC Retina Blaster is a super-bright lokani-like creature.

CoralCache

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reefapalooza must be different. The booth I helped my buddy at had Homewrecker, Wd's, SC OP, pink Caddy, Gatekeeper, Mutants Blood .. ..... and way too much to list. I know Big R had a bunch of nice ones too. Plus the previous Pirates and Reefers Direct. Maybe the smaller shows outside of Florida don't have them?
Which shows do you generally attend JdA?

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 34 37.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 12 13.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 29 31.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 15 16.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.2%
Back