BASE ELEMENTS VS BASE ELEMENTS CORE7

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

gpwdr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there any difference besides dilution?

Which one cost more in the long run?

Why are there two products to pick from for the Triton Method?

Can we use Base Elements with no dilution?

Will Triton Base Elementz be replaced by Base Elements (for the Triton Method)?

Base Elementz has a ratio of 8 to 1 and Base Elements Core7 is 7 times stronger than Base Elements. Does all this mean less product and more money?

Gene

twilliard

Tank pests..
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Gene for this!
This is going to mess me all up if this is replacing the line of elementz

Triton US

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there any difference besides dilution?

Which one cost more in the long run?

Why are there two products to pick from for the Triton Method?

Can we use Base Elements with no dilution?

Will Triton Base Elementz be replaced by Base Elements (for the Triton Method)?

Base Elementz has a ratio of 8 to 1 and Base Elements Core7 is 7 times stronger than Base Elements. Does all this mean less product and more money?

Gene

Hi guys.

Great questions.

I don't have the new Core7 elements yet or firm pricing on them but here is what I know so far.

They are made to ultimatly replace the traditional Base Elementz but not immediately. Since many people are attached to the elements there simply is no need to make a sudden and forced switch. The intent isn't to give people an option of which to run with the triton method- its simply to ease over to a new and improved version. The Other Core7 product that was created for use with other methods isn't really an option to consider for those running Triton.
Both the existing Base Elements and the Core7 for triton method are of the same recipe, just the Core7 is more concentrated and much more user friendly. This is an improvement, a refinement of an already great product.

Dilution: The traditional base elements can be dosed at full strength presently except for part 1 since that is a powder and requires 9.33 liters of Ro/Di water to reach saturation. What I have seen people do is to dose parts 2, 3a and 3b directly out of the bottles at 1/10th the dosage rate of part 1 which needs to be diluted as mentioned above. So long as you program your dosers correctly you will be fine. This is where personal customization of the method is enjoyed. This can get a little tricky with small tanks running poor quality dosers. When dosing a very small amount of liquid daily the margin of error increases. For this reason also, dilution is preffered. The simple reason that triton recommends that all four parts be diluted is to make things simple to follow for a wide audience. If the protocol was to do the 1/10th process on parts 2, 3a and 3b many people might misunderstand the directions resulting in major issues.

The core7 will be offered in two flavors. One is for use with the Triton method- just like now, meaning a strong algae filter and no water changes for mineral replenishment. The second is for use with other methods- it lacks trace elements which are added separately via water changes, dosing of misc products, etc. I still don't know that much about this particular product but will share more info as I learn more about it.

My understanding is that the product will actually be cheaper than the existing base elements to run. Let me get my notes straight and get back to you on this though.

hyperionfall

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I read on the Triton DE site that you no longer have to dilute ANY of the elementz so it would seem we can just dose right from the bottle. Taking your point of higher concentration/lower dose rates can lead to easier and bigger mistakes I wonder if they can still be diluted. If we can dose right from the bottle with no dilution I may have to invest in a really good dosing system. I am currently using 4 BRS 1.1 mL dosing pumps, do you think these are accurate enough?

hyperionfall

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Something else that would be nice is if the bottles came with effluent tubes and caps that we can just stick the tube from the doser onto.

Tim@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can still dilute the solutions if you want to, we are working on a calculator that will assist with switching over and calculating new doses.

I would definitely say that if you are going to go onto the Core7 then you need to make sure that your doser is up to task. Also dosing direct from the bottle is fine but like you say if something goes wrong the you could easily overdose, so maybe decant into smaller containers.

BNUTTHEHUT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought the 2nd Core7 was ment to be used with other 2 part dosing or a calcium reactor.?...

OP
OP
gpwdr

gpwdr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I'm dosing 360 ml of Elementz a day how log will the bottles of Core7 last?

Core7 is one liter right?

Tim@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Core7 is 7 times more concentrated than the original Base Elementz, the two products will run side by side for some time.

dgrigor02

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So If I understand correctly your saying that to compare apple to apples. If I take elements as it is today it makes 10L worth of solution. But with Core7 to get the same concentration as with elements today it would make 70L worth ? That sounds too good to be true.

Tim@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The original Base Elementz made up 10L, the Core7 has the equivalent of 7L squeezed into 1L with the ability to dose straight from the bottle.

If you dilute it then you will still have 7L of Base Elements.

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So how are these new Core7 Base Elements working out so far?

Feedback please!

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How's the transition over? Can anybody give details how to get started and what the ideal dosing or parameters need to be in the beginning stages.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 60 33.5%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 47 26.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 58 32.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back