Battlecorals soft rainbow milli

lonelyfloat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could I see some non-vendor pics of this coral? I am getting into SPS, and this coral caught my eye. Also, could I get a care comparison to, say, chalice coral in terms of fluctuations in water chemistry? Sorry for all the questions lol.

Pdash

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Word on the street is Adam's pictures are accurate representations of his corals, this has been the case in my experience as well.

Pdash

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Although in the description of this coral he does mention that it has quite a bit of variation in coloration depending in lighting. So probably a bit of a dice roll, if you are very set on the particular look in that picture.

bar|none

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got a few millis from him and I agree. They came looking awesome and they extended fully when I placed them. After that, depends on your tank for sure. I'm a beginner but I feel like Millis are more challenging than chalice as they are essentially acropora (somebody will correct me on that, lol). Need light flow, good parameters and stable.

OP
OP
lonelyfloat

lonelyfloat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got a few millis from him and I agree. They came looking awesome and they extended fully when I placed them. After that, depends on your tank for sure. I'm a beginner but I feel like Millis are more challenging than chalice as they are essentially acropora (somebody will correct me on that, lol). Need light flow, good parameters and stable.
Okay, thanks for the input! I don’t have any SPS but was scoping this out as a first acro. So what LPS would you consider this closest to? That’s the only way my tiny brain can get a feel for the care. ;)

Pdash

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For beginner sps/acropora you can't beat a good old red montipora cap and a green slimer acropora. Keep alkalinity stable, provide enough light/flow, and dont let your phos/nitrate hit zero, then see how things go.

OP
OP
lonelyfloat

lonelyfloat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For beginner sps/acropora you can't beat a good old red montipora cap and a green slimer acropora. Keep alkalinity stable, provide enough light/flow, and dont let your phos/nitrate hit zero, then see how things go.
Thanks for all the help! I may go with a slightly more desirable Monti cap, but Green Slimer is probably going to be the acro I get.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 45 75.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 5 8.3%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back