Battlecorals soft rainbow milli

lonelyfloat

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 8, 2019
Messages
297
Reaction score
1,169
Location
Somewhere
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could I see some non-vendor pics of this coral? I am getting into SPS, and this coral caught my eye. Also, could I get a care comparison to, say, chalice coral in terms of fluctuations in water chemistry? Sorry for all the questions lol.
 
Word on the street is Adam's pictures are accurate representations of his corals, this has been the case in my experience as well.
 
Although in the description of this coral he does mention that it has quite a bit of variation in coloration depending in lighting. So probably a bit of a dice roll, if you are very set on the particular look in that picture.
 
I just got a few millis from him and I agree. They came looking awesome and they extended fully when I placed them. After that, depends on your tank for sure. I'm a beginner but I feel like Millis are more challenging than chalice as they are essentially acropora (somebody will correct me on that, lol). Need light flow, good parameters and stable.
 
I just got a few millis from him and I agree. They came looking awesome and they extended fully when I placed them. After that, depends on your tank for sure. I'm a beginner but I feel like Millis are more challenging than chalice as they are essentially acropora (somebody will correct me on that, lol). Need light flow, good parameters and stable.
Okay, thanks for the input! I don’t have any SPS but was scoping this out as a first acro. So what LPS would you consider this closest to? That’s the only way my tiny brain can get a feel for the care. ;)
 
For beginner sps/acropora you can't beat a good old red montipora cap and a green slimer acropora. Keep alkalinity stable, provide enough light/flow, and dont let your phos/nitrate hit zero, then see how things go.
 
For beginner sps/acropora you can't beat a good old red montipora cap and a green slimer acropora. Keep alkalinity stable, provide enough light/flow, and dont let your phos/nitrate hit zero, then see how things go.
Thanks for all the help! I may go with a slightly more desirable Monti cap, but Green Slimer is probably going to be the acro I get.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new