BBQing Reefers - What's on your grill/smoker?

DaveMorris

MACNA2016 Co-Chair
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll have to look again at my Costco Business Center for the beef ribs. I bought some there before and they were a terrible cut of meat. Not sure what happened but hardly any edible meat.

OP
OP
gcarroll

gcarroll

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll have to look again at my Costco Business Center for the beef ribs. I bought some there before and they were a terrible cut of meat. Not sure what happened but hardly any edible meat.
Just look for the short ribs don’t get the regular ones.

OP
OP
gcarroll

gcarroll

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those who know the craft can tell a huge difference. Sure, it might only be the top 20%, but there is still a difference. If you want to argue that the vast majority of people could never tell, then I will not argue with that... but they also think that Baby Backs at Chili's are awesome or they smother everything in sauce.
It’s all about putting out good food. Just because someone can tell the difference does not make it better. There are an awful lot of pellet smoker on the competition circuit so that is saying a lot. Pellet grills are not just traeger anymore.

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

redpine42

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone make chili with left over pork butt? Looking for a good recipe or the best way to use the leftovers. Ribs and brisket go fast, but the pulled pork there is usually some left over.

alton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel I drink more using the BGE? Practicing for a cook off in a couple weeks with the big black box. I do it as a brotherly love thing because with a 100+ teams it takes a lot of luck.
I am going to try B&B lump charcoal in the big black box versus creating my own coals.
BBB.JPG

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone make chili with left over pork butt? Looking for a good recipe or the best way to use the leftovers. Ribs and brisket go fast, but the pulled pork there is usually some left over.
Pork overload! Ya same here everyone got there fill, I make BBQ sliders and whats left gets wasted:(

I feel I drink more using the BGE? Practicing for a cook off in a couple weeks with the big black box. I do it as a brotherly love thing because with a 100+ teams it takes a lot of luck.
I am going to try B&B lump charcoal in the big black box versus creating my own coals.
BBB.JPG
Good Luck!

Hey Anyone Suffer from Gout from too much BBQ during the summer months ? That and Beer (Ales) combined can set my foot a Blaze. Its just Grilling and cheap pork products(breakfast meats) from restaurants. Found that Cherry's help a lot. @jsker I seen those slabs of bacon and you got me thinking...Keeping those Nitrates down;)

OP
OP
gcarroll

gcarroll

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those of you that are making your own bacon, are you guys using pink curing salt as well or just regular salt. also are you doing a wet brine or dry?

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I personally like their char-logs. I can't always find them though. Academy Sports is the only place around me that has them.

OP
OP
gcarroll

gcarroll

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sometimes you just want to good burger. And yes, I smoked it then reverse seared it. Had I been smart I would’ve use the smoked cheddar cheese that I did a little while back.

4c2d8df7817891a28ddcf9809e2194c4.jpg

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sometimes you just want to good burger. And yes, I smoked it then reverse seared it. Had I been smart I would’ve use the smoked cheddar cheese that I did a little while back.

4c2d8df7817891a28ddcf9809e2194c4.jpg
Yup, that looks good!

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
53cd926abc5ccab667d2e8deec2928ba.jpg

Greetings from California!
I traveled 3000 miles for red oak and some beef ribs...
Yummmmm!
Actually, I’m here for 3 weeks working on the last Delta II to ever launch...
Everything's better with bacon...Family in Cali use Osage Orange in their smokers

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%

Back