.....BC BELLICOSE TROBAIRITZ......

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Sweet stick, Adam. So tell us the story on the name (please).

Ha! good question. Well I don't really put too much thought into these things. I had originally thought id call it the Bellicose troubadorous, This literally just popped into my head one day a good while back so I wrote it down lol. The latter word which isn't a real word at all, I looked it up anyway to make sure, and came upon the female word for troubadour, and that stuck:)

Vaughn17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ha! good question. Well I don't really put too much thought into these things. I had originally thought id call it the Bellicose troubadorous, This literally just popped into my head one day a good while back so I wrote it down lol. The latter word which isn't a real word at all, I looked it up anyway to make sure, and came upon the female word for troubadour, and that stuck:)
I find it interesting that you "don't really put too much thought into these things." You have some of the most originally named acros in the biz. Anyway, keep up the good work!

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I find it interesting that you "don't really put too much thought into these things." You have some of the most originally named acros in the biz. Anyway, keep up the good work!

ha! well maybe that's the secret. I certainly don't try TOO hard at it, and at the end of the day, I don't take the name game all to seriously. I mean "Toxic Popadoalous!" It doesn't get any more ridicules than that!

madweazl

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful acro; is this under the 6500k Geismann's only? I've wanted to use something like this instead of the Blue+ I'm running with the Kessils (color at 75% to counter the look of the Blue+) but I've been too chicken to try it for fear of other corals changing.

Abhishek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful acro; is this under the 6500k Geismann's only? I've wanted to use something like this instead of the Blue+ I'm running with the Kessils (color at 75% to counter the look of the Blue+) but I've been too chicken to try it for fear of other corals changing.

The pic is taken under radium 250 watt halide on M80 ballast . Am not sure if you can get the same effect with just geissemann 6500k with kessils.

Regards,
Abhishek

madweazl

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The pic is taken under radium 250 watt halide on M80 ballast . Am not sure if you can get the same effect with just geissemann 6500k with kessils.

Regards,
Abhishek

He states they've been under the 6500ks for "a good while now" in the original post, hence the question.

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
He states they've been under the 6500ks for "a good while now" in the original post, hence the question.

Right!

This colony is growing under an 8 bulb ati with 4 tropics, 2 true actinics, one blue plus, and one purple plus

madweazl

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right!

This colony is growing under an 8 bulb ati with 4 tropics, 2 true actinics, one blue plus, and one purple plus

Awesome, thanks for the information. Were the 6500Ks added mainly for growth (read a number of articles that mention growth is great at 6500K)?

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Awesome, thanks for the information. Were the 6500Ks added mainly for growth (read a number of articles that mention growth is great at 6500K)?

Ive been using 65k in some form or another for years. maybe I'm just old fashioned, but i have always had great growth and coloration under them.

Abhishek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive been using 65k in some form or another for years. maybe I'm just old fashioned, but i have always had great growth and coloration under them.

Are the sole surviving customer of Iwasaki 65K :p and making Iwasaki make the bulbs only for you ? :D

Regards,
Abhishek

littleruttiger

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right!

That's interesting, would you say your image of the colony on the last page captures the light color pretty well? I like the white color in that picture, maybe I'll try this combo out

Smite

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazing piece & blows my mind that that's growing under 50% 65k! Mind sharing your water parameters - or anyone have a link to a post about it if it's been covered?

Hope to buy some pieces from you in the future. Site is full of goodies.

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
That's interesting, would you say your image of the colony on the last page captures the light color pretty well? I like the white color in that picture, maybe I'll try this combo out

Sorry for any confusion on this. I have a separate tank for shooting my colonies that is lit with one Radium halide. The coral itself has been growing under t5, just shot under radium which is more of a crisp white than blue for sure. Especially by todays standards. The tropics are very unflattering aesthetically and i wouldn't recommend them over a display unless you you really like that look.

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for any confusion on this. I have a separate tank for shooting my colonies that is lit with one Radium halide. The coral itself has been growing under t5, just shot under radium which is more of a crisp white than blue for sure. Especially by todays standards. The tropics are very unflattering aesthetically and i wouldn't recommend them over a display unless you you really like that look.

I would say a better solution might be the ATI Aqua Blue Special bulb, which has a lot of yellow but is cut with some blue phosphors so it's not straight up 6k yellow. It'll be pretty yellow next to any bulb since most are extremely blue -- But ABS is around 12k ish.

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Adam, I find with so much 65k light it makes all the corals not very pleasant to look at and they all kind of look similar with a brown tone.

How are you able to pick gems out? Do the other 4 bulbs make it easier?

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Adam, I find with so much 65k light it makes all the corals not very pleasant to look at and they all kind of look similar with a brown tone.

How are you able to pick gems out? Do the other 4 bulbs make it easier?

True, they are not flattering at all, but colors can shine true as ever under them as well. It's quite refreshing actually once you get used to it. Fortunately though, my supplier runs radiums over their holding tanks. I have future Battlecorals picked out long before they ever get under my lights.

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting! Sorry to throw this thread way off topic but do you actually go and hand pick the corals you like? I always just imagined suppliers just ship boxes of whatever corals they want to you and your just hoping one turns out nice.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 64 39.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 21.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 34.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.7%
Back