BC Fish QT

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

rushbattle

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Adam, will you share with us your QT, if any, procedure for the fish in your coral culture systems? The thing I like most about buying from you is that I don’t feel as if I need to QT the corals for coral parasites and disease. If we could be positive there isn’t any ich in your systems we could skip QT for your corals entirely, going straight to the display! It’s a bummer to have to QT corals in a frag tank for so long if we are going for ich eradication in our displays.

Thanks for the info, and have a great weekend!

billw

Acroholic in Training
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Adam, will you share with us your QT, if any, procedure for the fish in your coral culture systems? The thing I like most about buying from you is that I don’t feel as if I need to QT the corals for coral parasites and disease. If we could be positive there isn’t any ich in your systems we could skip QT for your corals entirely, going straight to the display! It’s a bummer to have to QT corals in a frag tank for so long if we are going for ich eradication in our displays.

Thanks for the info, and have a great weekend!
I would like to know also. While I will always quarantine, I believe that quarantining is to insure the introduction of healthy stock, not rid incoming stock of pathogens.

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
HI there,

great question. Before the move I hadn't really gotten any new fish for years. But I always kept a small 15 gallon Fish QT set up for anything other than coral really like snails, hermits and whatnot. I have added a few rabbits to the back up system though. all the other old fish minus a couple fox faces went into the main. My Fish QT is pretty minimal though compared to coral. It's more of a long observational period and treat if necessary than medicate immediately. I like to get babies as well, so they spend a long time in qt as quarter sized runts.

OP
OP
R

rushbattle

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HI there,

great question. Before the move I hadn't really gotten any new fish for years. But I always kept a small 15 gallon Fish QT set up for anything other than coral really like snails, hermits and whatnot. I have added a few rabbits to the back up system though. all the other old fish minus a couple fox faces went into the main. My Fish QT is pretty minimal though compared to coral. It's more of a long observational period and treat if necessary than medicate immediately. I like to get babies as well, so they spend a long time in qt as quarter sized runts.

Thanks for the quick response!

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 168 62.2%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 70 25.9%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 93 34.4%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 46 17.0%
  • Other

Votes: 70 25.9%
Back