Been thinking a lot lately about a amall dowgrade

  • Thread starter Thread starter Reefermike
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Reefermike

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 3, 2011
Messages
128
Reaction score
14
Location
Gulfport,ms
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have currently have a 120 cubish acrylic tank. i have been thinking of settleing back into a 40 breeder. I have a two part question. Is it possable to use a skimmer that is just too big. I have an ATI BubbleMaster skimmer currently . Part 2 is easy i have a calcium reactor , I would use it if it is not overkill. You just dont often see them on tanks that are this small. I love the cubish tank but have grown to hate the acrylic. I have all the stuff to do a 40 and would sell off items that are of no use to me. I currently have a bunch of led that i would build to put over the 40 . I have never had them so the transistion to them from a 400w metal halide , dont know what i would expect in that approch. This is of course thinking out loud at this point.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new