Been trying to eliminate whatever is growing between zoas, what is it?!

GreyYeti

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Somethings been growing in between and on the plug
IMG_9316.jpg
of my zoa for sometime now, i did a hydrogen dip two weeks ago and that barely seemed to help. Then a coral dip this week and nothing as well. Its almost translucent and looks like very mini tentacles, however it doesn't seem to move. Its grown in-between the zoas under the frag and in empty spaces.Ive also noticed a calcified super hard area of white growing on the empty spots the frag plug too. Is it a fungus?Sponge? how do I get rid of it before it overtakes my zoa.

Timfish

Crusty Old Salt
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe some kind of algae? Try using a syrnge with some H2O2, press the nozzle against the stuff and squirt it with just a 1 ml of peroxide, wait a minute then swish around in the water and wait a week or so to see what happens.

OP
OP
G

GreyYeti

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe some kind of algae? Try using a syrnge with some H2O2, press the nozzle against the stuff and squirt it with just a 1 ml of peroxide, wait a minute then swish around in the water and wait a week or so to see what happens.
that's the thing I tried the H202 dip after doing some research and I even dipped in 100% H202 3%. Its just that im noticing this stuff spread all over it now. I can't ID it.

OP
OP
G

GreyYeti

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my guess is sponges
see, I want to think the smashing but sponges are suppose to be highly sensitive to chemicals. So the coral dip should have killed it if it was and the H202 dip should have definitely eliminated it if that's the case but I've had no luck. If I could ID the elimination process would be so much easier.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

• I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 10 76.9%
  • Other.

Back