OP
Vinman

Vinman

Brewing is worth it
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol....so the stout recipe is a chocolate milk stout and then in the second ferment we add the goodies and at the end we end up with five different beers 5 gallons each
Chocolate Maple Bourbon Barrel
Chocolate coconut rum Barrel
Chocolate peppermint ( our holiday beer)
Chocolate caramel vanilla
And when we just left the chocolate milk stout all 9%abv

fish farmer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to brew ales in the mid 90's, coming from Boston I was exposed to Sam Adam's and the other craft brews in the area. I even tried brewing beer in the Phoenix heat for a year...there were maybe two supply stores in the whole city and one would shut down when it got too hot (business was slow and A/C was expensive).

When I moved to Vermont and could drive past Otter Creek Brewing and pick up a growler for $5....washing bottles became a waste of time that I could be spent fishing.

Now I can actually walk to two local wine/brew establishments, Neshobe River Winery/Foley Brothers and another one a mile downtown. We even have a liquor distillery opening up in town.

jurgenph

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
small batch, all grain.
ever evolving recipe, trying to perfect my own version of a cross between a belgian quad/double/single... :)
and every now and then i'll do an experimental brew.
once a year i put half a batch aside to age on brett brux.

J.

OP
OP
Vinman

Vinman

Brewing is worth it
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was my upgrade to bigger equipment
33 gallon boil pot
150 quart mash tun
28 gallon fermenter
Plus I have all the stuff I used when I started 5 gallon batches also have a 14 gallon conical fermenter
I almost pulled the trigger on the robobrew would love to have one of those for small batches

15688915387137699338265319254405.jpg 15688915858981635898585709438760.jpg 15688918164482203827595984932184.jpg

davedamage

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is any of you on HBT?? And we might have to have a new acronym to replace RDWHAHB maybe RDWHAHBAWYRT- Relax don't worry, have a home brew and watch your reef tank

I'm surprised we don't see SWMBO ( or HWMBO, for that matter) around here.

I do feel R2R and HBT have a lot in common as far as the anecdotal information floating around. However, most everyone on both forms is incredibly nice and at least wants to be helpful. Real science seems to be hard to find in both places. Maybe biologists just hate us.

I thought upgrading my brew gear was expensive until I started up the aquariums again. My most expensive single piece of brewing gear costs less than one of my lights, and they're cheaper lights. But those Spike Flex fermenters are so shiny and pretty... if I can quit blowing money on fish tanks the wifey may let me buy a conical.

Heathd

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm surprised we don't see SWMBO ( or HWMBO, for that matter) around here.

I do feel R2R and HBT have a lot in common as far as the anecdotal information floating around. However, most everyone on both forms is incredibly nice and at least wants to be helpful. Real science seems to be hard to find in both places. Maybe biologists just hate us.

I thought upgrading my brew gear was expensive until I started up the aquariums again. My most expensive single piece of brewing gear costs less than one of my lights, and they're cheaper lights. But those Spike Flex fermenters are so shiny and pretty... if I can quit blowing money on fish tanks the wifey may let me buy a conical.
Haha, I could have an amazing homebrew setup for what I've spend on aquaria.

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been brewing beer (and grape wines) for about 9 years now and gone from using bottles to full kegs with a mini dual cooling bar

I have 8 kegs all full and in summer I make an apple cider that’s is better than anything I can buy, and the rest of the year and make English Ales, American IPA etc.

Modern kits can produce beer better than you can buy, once you find what you like and get some experience and kegs make it so much easier and more pleasurable.

Cheers!

0DBEA811-C493-4463-8F68-37835FEC7C44.jpeg

Sailingeric

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I waiver over getting a conical. It would be nice but not really serve much of purpose when doing 5 gallon batches. I think my most expensive piece of brewing equipment is my SS Brewtech 15 gallon pot. For the most part I keeping it cheap with 8 gallon plastic fermenting buckets and when I think they have reached the end of their useful life they become salt water changing buckets.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 31.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 17 19.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back