BeMoTo Reefer 250 Build!

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
6/28/20

Added my clowns from Qt today. Had an algae explosion after losing power a week ago, at least thats the theory. Did a 30% water change befor adding the fish. The algea seems to be going away.

Im looking into getting an UPS for backup power when I can. We have a generator but somebody has to be around to turn it on.

20200628_171138.jpg 20200628_170628.jpg 20200628_170551.jpg 20200628_170509.jpg
@BeMoto great aquascape with caves. How’s the KZ going? That’s a good way to go if you have room in your sump for the reactor.

OP
OP
BeMoto

BeMoto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Evening,

Looks great. Rock work you settled on looks awesome. The algae is probably part of the tank maturing. Sorry if I missed it, you have a CuC in there to help?

If I may suggest the biggest tang/bristle tooth I would put in would be a tomini/flame tang. Size wise the swimming room just isn’t there for the tangs. The mandarins could work. Like you mentione, do the research first and ask questions as needed. They will require a lot of supplemental feedings since you’re tank will not have the pod population they will need. A mini angel would work, just watch since not all are reef safe. I like the flame and the white tail.

Keep us update, looks great so far.
Thanks! There are 20 blue legged hermit doing some work now. Ive never had a cuc befor I would have to do some more research on them. I have heard mix things on them.

I'm still considering a kole tang, but not anytime soon. I still need a skimmer, or need a pump for my old one.

OP
OP
BeMoto

BeMoto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@BeMoto great aquascape with caves. How’s the KZ going? That’s a good way to go if you have room in your sump for the reactor.
I havent actaully started KZ yet. Im thinking in a month or 2. I didn't think it was best to start it right away. like I mentioned I still need a skimmer. It will be a tight fit in the stock sump. I'm not sure if its all going to work. I really dislike the sump size to be honest. Still thinking about making a bigger cabinet for more room!

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! There are 20 blue legged hermit doing some work now. Ive never had a cuc befor I would have to do some more research on them. I have heard mix things on them.

I'm still considering a kole tang, but not anytime soon. I still need a skimmer, or need a pump for my old one.

Blue legs are my favorite. 3 or 4 snails or a conch would round it off. Depending on the skimmer body, a pump may be cheaper in the short term.

OP
OP
BeMoto

BeMoto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can get a nice Reef Octopus pump and a few other things for about $250. I know i can get a Red Sea skimmer for about $300.

I really like the Maxspect Aeraqua Duo, but that runs $650. Trying to be reasonable with spending with the pandemic going on. Manufacturing has been up and down because of the boarders not allowing supplies through.

Blue legs are my favorite. 3 or 4 snails or a conch would round it off. Depending on the skimmer body, a pump may be cheaper in the short term.

OP
OP
BeMoto

BeMoto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't want to rant on a seperate thread but this Kessill app for Ap700 is junk! It doesnt work on my Galaxy Note and hardly works on my Samsung tablet. This is my only Kessill product that I own, got it used to be fair. But I don't see buying another in the future. I haven't found a single thing about the app to be easy. The app doesnt even like the display format on my tablet. Never had any problems with that with anything else.

I do like the look of the light and how it looks over all. But really needs some software updates!

Beside that not much has change in my tank.

20200718_153809.jpg

OP
OP
BeMoto

BeMoto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've notice my tank looks dirty under white lights! It's not to bad just looks cleaner under blue leds. Turn on your whites! It's like a new tank. I honestly don't care for blues much.

I honestly thought I would have some coraline growing by now but don't have any. I have one rock with some that I've purchased but that is it. I'm planning on scraping some off and seeing if that helps this weekend.

I haven't been testing the water has much as I should be. I forget how frustrating it can be. Test seem simple enough but some of the syringes are hard to read and make things complicated.

I started doing Zeovit with the starter kit a month ago. I'm not sure if its helping keeping nutrients stay down or not. I have been doing 7 gallon water changes almost every week. Every 2 if not every. My nitrates are between 0 and 2 using red sea test kit. I only have 2 small clowns... I know 0 isn't good.

I believe I had pods growing on the glass but not 100% sure. They didnt stay around long and haven't seen any in a week or two.

I've been kicking ideas around to do some wire management. I've put it off but I wish I hadn't. I did a water change befor going camping for a week. I somehow remove the heater probe out of the tank without noticing. So my heaters where on for 3 hours strait! I somehow noticed the tank was 95 degrees and started to panic. Unplugged things trying to narrow it down. After 2 hours I looked behind the tank for some reason and found the probe. I had a really hard time finding what plug was what. I'm imbaressed to show pictures but I will. I decided to get the tank wet before getting everything to my liking. I would have never been happy with anything and quite befor I even started.

Been listening Reef New Network podcast alot. If you not you should! SkimMate podcast is also really good!

Keep on reefing!

20200726_163348.jpg 20200811_203115.jpg 20200811_203232.jpg

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've notice my tank looks dirty under white lights! It's not to bad just looks cleaner under blue leds. Turn on your whites! It's like a new tank. I honestly don't care for blues much.

I honestly thought I would have some coraline growing by now but don't have any. I have one rock with some that I've purchased but that is it. I'm planning on scraping some off and seeing if that helps this weekend.

I haven't been testing the water has much as I should be. I forget how frustrating it can be. Test seem simple enough but some of the syringes are hard to read and make things complicated.

I started doing Zeovit with the starter kit a month ago. I'm not sure if its helping keeping nutrients stay down or not. I have been doing 7 gallon water changes almost every week. Every 2 if not every. My nitrates are between 0 and 2 using red sea test kit. I only have 2 small clowns... I know 0 isn't good.

I believe I had pods growing on the glass but not 100% sure. They didnt stay around long and haven't seen any in a week or two.

I've been kicking ideas around to do some wire management. I've put it off but I wish I hadn't. I did a water change befor going camping for a week. I somehow remove the heater probe out of the tank without noticing. So my heaters where on for 3 hours strait! I somehow noticed the tank was 95 degrees and started to panic. Unplugged things trying to narrow it down. After 2 hours I looked behind the tank for some reason and found the probe. I had a really hard time finding what plug was what. I'm imbaressed to show pictures but I will. I decided to get the tank wet before getting everything to my liking. I would have never been happy with anything and quite befor I even started.

Been listening Reef New Network podcast alot. If you not you should! SkimMate podcast is also really good!

Keep on reefing!

20200726_163348.jpg 20200811_203115.jpg 20200811_203232.jpg
@BeMoto how do you like your Tunze piwerhead? Is it one of the controlllables?

OP
OP
BeMoto

BeMoto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@BeMoto how do you like your Tunze piwerhead? Is it one of the controlllables?
[/QUOTE]

I like the tunze profile also like how they can be adjusted to any angle and not change how it looks. They are super easy to clean.

I did add 2 Red Sea Reef Wave 45 as well. I'm really happy with the wave makers. Im having trouple with the app atm. I've been in contact with Red Sea for over a month now. Kinda get the feeling there giving up on helping me out. They dont know why I cant connect to them. It has been frustrating.

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@BeMoto connectivity issues can be very frustrating. I had problems with my Apex a few years back but their tech support was always a great help and they actually wee able to link up with my laptop through the internet remotely and go into my Apex that way. I could see what THEY were doing right on MY computer screen when they were in California and I’m in Montana. It’s called Telnet. They’ve since fixed the problems in Fusion and AOS (Apex Operating System) it’s so easy to use now, I haven’t had to reset my Apex for a power outage or any other reason for a long time now.

OP
OP
BeMoto

BeMoto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a cnc programmer and we do "telnet" once in awhile for various things over the shop network.

To my knowledge I'm not able to directly plug into the rear wave controllers. I'm also looking into getting the Kessil control unit if I'm to figure out my proplems with that.

I'm trying to figure out if there is a setting on my router that is causing proplems.

I might try using my laptop soon and seeing if I can connect with that somehow. I'm kinda at a loss for things to try. Might make a thread and ask for help later. If I do I'll link it here in my build thread.

The reef waves has some cool options so I really would like to figure this out.

Edit: added link for thread regarding the Reef Wave 45

Last edited:
OP
OP
BeMoto

BeMoto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update on the Reef waves, I got them to work with the app. Talk to NetGear and they recommended setting up one of the guest wifi networks to the 2.4 ghz settings. This way 5.p ghz isnt an option.

OP
OP
BeMoto

BeMoto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a new phone and I now can connect to my kessil ap700 and both Red Sea Reef wave 45! I'm not sure what the deal is but I'm very glad there both working now. I ended up trading in my Note 8 and got a Note 20 Ultra. The new camera makes my tank look better too!

Again I'm was very happy with Red Sea service department even though they couldn't help me out.

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a new phone and I now can connect to my kessil ap700 and both Red Sea Reef wave 45! I'm not sure what the deal is but I'm very glad there both working now. I ended up trading in my Note 8 and got a Note 20 Ultra. The new camera makes my tank look better too!

Again I'm was very happy with Red Sea service department even though they couldn't help me out.
@BeMoto great to know your equipment is working better. Can we get a FTS?

OP
OP
BeMoto

BeMoto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need to play with taking photos but here is a few.

Attachments

• 20201217_204221.jpg
    20201217_204221.jpg
    193.9 KB · Views: 47
  • 20201217_203533.jpg
    20201217_203533.jpg
    239.8 KB · Views: 50
  • 20201217_203501.jpg
    20201217_203501.jpg
    224.9 KB · Views: 39
OP
OP
BeMoto

BeMoto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well coralline algea has been slow going, so I'm going to try purple helix. Just added a few hrs ago. I've read it may take 3 weeks or more to see some results. I'll make sure to write some sort of updates when something happens. I'm doing the 8oz bottle if anyone is wondering witch is recommended for my tank size. I ordered it from BRS but it came from Algea Barn directly and came in an insolated box with a heat pack inside.

Attachments

• 20201223_201148.jpg
    20201223_201148.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 46

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 92 80.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back