Best additives for mixed reef

coralfrenzy88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently just use bright well aquatics liquid reef and manage my water changes. Liquid reef seems to be something that for almost a decade has been a all in one dose for all my needs but I want to get my sps and all my corals for that matter really glowing. Also I have a rbta that went through a rough time. It has very short tentacles and disc is pale but tips are still very pink and tentacle arms have hints of green.
Needless to say I want to have the best coral colors and want to ressurect my nem that is healthy again but color are mey.
I have seen that bright well has a line of stuff like coral colors chromacolor and other single bottle dosing products much like liquid reef.
What is everyone's suggestion.

geddavis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are lots of options map it is hard to say what’s best. I’d do BRS 2 part Red Sea trace colors and then dose other elements as needed along with a varied Flitter feeder diet like phyto and reef roids to boost color. You can also adjust lighting to color up your corals.

Sorry for how few responses you got normally people get a lot more reply’s.

HB AL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you posted the question in the reef aquarium discussion forum you would get many more quick answers. Only reason I noticed it was because it popped up on the home page threads, I doubt many people visit the East Tennessee reef club forum. With that said I changed to a Red Sea ABCD for trace elements around 6+ months ago and have noticed a difference especially important in my case since I don’t do water changes, last one was around 1.5 years ago atleast. Here’s a pic of my tank for reference.

E35DB56D-20CD-4370-A80D-B3D4A75FAAD4.jpeg

OP
OP
coralfrenzy88

coralfrenzy88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm bad for skipping water changes. I typically do one a month and it's 30%...good ole freshwater aquarium days still haunting me I guess lol. With that being said the only thing I use now is liquid reef which is something I have used since day 1 in reefing but have ventured into acros in the last yr...so yea lol

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 51 29.1%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 37 21.1%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 20 11.4%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 60 34.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.1%
Back