Best AIO

TX_REEF

Kessil Fanboy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haven't owned either, but have "researched" both. If it was for me, I'd go with waterbox.

Waterbox is a tank manufacturer, IM is an "everything reef related" manufacturer. "You can't be the best at everything"...

OP
OP
B

Bran8409

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haven't owned either, but have "researched" both. If it was for me, I'd go with waterbox.

Waterbox is a tank manufacturer, IM is an "everything reef related" manufacturer. "You can't be the best at everything"...
Ok thank you

steveschuerger

I love Gonis and Euphyllia. Maybe too much
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had two IM AIO tanks a Nuvo Pro 30l and SR60. Loved them both.

OP
OP
B

Bran8409

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can I ask though - if you're looking at 40 gal+, why not go with a sump system? So many pros to having a sump.
I travel for work. So I am gone from week to week. I feel like it would be easier to get a AIO for the convenience. Plus I am unfamiliar with sumps. Everything seems complicated about it. Scared me lol

TX_REEF

Kessil Fanboy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I travel for work. So I am gone from week to week. I feel like it would be easier to get a AIO for the convenience. Plus I am unfamiliar with sumps. Everything seems complicated about it. Scared me lol
sump actually makes things much easier. All your equipment consolidated and out of sight, easy to run auto top off (must-have if you travel for multiple days regularly), extra water volume for stability.

WhalesLovePineapple

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I'm shopping around for AIOs too. Can you elaborate on why waterbox is a tank manufacturer and IM isn't?

TX_REEF

Kessil Fanboy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm shopping around for AIOs too. Can you elaborate on why waterbox is a tank manufacturer and IM isn't?
I didn't say that IM is not a tank manufacturer, I said Waterbox' primary and majority business is tanks, whereas IM provides a vast array of aquatic products. Not saying they aren't good, but I personally would lean towards a bespoke manufacturer rather than a jack of all trades. Just my opinion.

jkcoral

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had innovative marine tanks for a decade and have been a big fan since the start. Currently have the SR-80, and it is great. I have a 30L and a 20g in the garage as well.

They are good tanks.

steveschuerger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had innovative marine tanks for a decade and have been a big fan since the start. Currently have the SR-80, and it is great. I have a 30L and a 20g in the garage as well.

They are good tanks.
If I ever have the proper space and cha ching I’d go SR-120 for sure.

steveschuerger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't say that IM is not a tank manufacturer, I said Waterbox' primary and majority business is tanks, whereas IM provides a vast array of aquatic products. Not saying they aren't good, but I personally would lean towards a bespoke manufacturer rather than a jack of all trades. Just my opinion.
Admittedly I almost went WaterBox but I’m had the package I was looking for and it was on sale , at least the first time., at BRS. Second time it was the combination of liking the product, being on sale and most importantly the right size/footprint. I will say I’ll never buy one of their Helios Heaters again. Had two failed , the second DOA.

Resilient

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my experience having gotten a tank with a sump for the first time, everything is easier and more convenient. There is space for all the equipment under the tank. If I need to add or remove equipment, it is much simpler. If something needs replacing, I have more flexibility with what to replace it with.

I can't really think of a single thing that is made harder by having a sump...

WhalesLovePineapple

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I understood your point, I just didn't word it correctly.

What I meant to ask is what makes you think that waterbox is primarily in the tank business and IM is a jack of all trades?

I'm looking at both websites and they both offer tanks and additional equipment. Waterbox even makes their own salt.

TX_REEF

Kessil Fanboy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I understood your point, I just didn't word it correctly.

What I meant to ask is what makes you think that waterbox is primarily in the tank business and IM is a jack of all trades?

I'm looking at both websites and they both offer tanks and additional equipment. Waterbox even makes their own salt.
if you check the Waterbox product listing, most of the non-tank-non-stand items are actual made by other vendors

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 72 35.5%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 52 25.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 64 31.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.9%
Back