Best dosing pump for beginner

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef! Focus on water quality, be patient, and realize that success doesn’t always happen in a straight line. I am pleased with my Kamoer dosing pump.

Upvote 0

Fred2482

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! Assuming it's been running for the past 2 years FOWLR? Do you have lights and flow for a reef? If so thats great! I would just take your time trying to get the parameters correct and stable. As you get calcium, alkalinity and magnesium where they should be, start working on nutrient control. Once all these parameters as well as phosphates and nitrates are good maybe add a few easy corals. Then its as simple as measuring the change in all the parameters you just got perfect and adjusting accordingly. Once you have your adjustment perfect, add more!

Upvote 0

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
success doesn’t always happen in a straight line
Love what @Peace River said... that applies to life, not just reef tanks. Thanks, PR

@Jyissel Welcome to the fishy family. I use the BRS 1.1ml dosers on a KASA programmable power strip. It is a simple, cost effective solution. It has been easy to calculate and modify dosage as needed.

Good luck with your reef! We are here to help.
Inner Peace Wellness GIF by Jason Clarke

Upvote 0
OP
OP
J

Jyissel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love what @Peace River said... that applies to life, not just reef tanks. Thanks, PR

@Jyissel Welcome to the fishy family. I use the BRS 1.1ml dosers on a KASA programmable power strip. It is a simple, cost effective solution. It has been easy to calculate and modify dosage as needed.

Good luck with your reef! We are here to help.
Inner Peace Wellness GIF by Jason Clarke
Great, thank you so much.

Upvote 0

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R and the community !!:)

I used the Jaboa dosing pumps for years until I upgrade. The Jaboa pumps are simple to set up and use. The reason I upgraded was to dose smaller amounts, for example the Jaboa pump only dose .1 mill for the smallest amount I a dose a small amount .01ml in some cases

The best advice I was told is to make a change and wait 2 to 3 weeks before changing again.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
J

Jyissel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! Assuming it's been running for the past 2 years FOWLR? Do you have lights and flow for a reef? If so thats great! I would just take your time trying to get the parameters correct and stable. As you get calcium, alkalinity and magnesium where they should be, start working on nutrient control. Once all these parameters as well as phosphates and nitrates are good maybe add a few easy corals. Then its as simple as measuring the change in all the parameters you just got perfect and adjusting accordingly. Once you have your adjustment perfect, add more!
I have lights, sump, protein skimmer, and lights. Im still missing equipment. I had corals for almost 8 months and algea appeared. When to a saltwater store, and they recommended a treatment, i followed their directions. Unfortunately it kill all my corals, which is why im afraid to start again. They were growing beautifully.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
J

Jyissel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R and the community !!:)

I used the Jaboa dosing pumps for years until I upgrade. The Jaboa pumps are simple to set up and use. The reason I upgraded was to dose smaller amounts, for example the Jaboa pump only dose .1 mill for the smallest amount I a dose a small amount .01ml in some cases

The best advice I was told is to make a change and wait 2 to 3 weeks before changing again.
I was actually thinking on purchasing a jaboa, but there so many available.

Upvote 0

BostonReefer300

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you give us a detailed setup description and your typical parameters? Based on your equipment list above, I'm guessing there are other things to tackle before you worry about adding dosing pumps. Could be totally off-base and definitely not trying to be snarky---but that's the feeling I'm getting here.

Upvote 0

a4edwin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have lights, sump, protein skimmer, and lights. Im still missing equipment. I had corals for almost 8 months and algea appeared. When to a saltwater store, and they recommended a treatment, i followed their directions. Unfortunately it kill all my corals, which is why im afraid to start again. They were growing beautifully.
Now with help from the wonderful people of this community you hopefully won’t go down this road again.

Upvote 0

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Upvote 0

hhaase

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had a Jebao set for about a year now, still going strong. I originally bought a 3-head unit (DP-3), and at this point wish I had bought the 4-head (DP-4). The price difference between the 2-3-4 head versions is so miniscule there's almost no reason NOT to buy the 4-head and just ignore the heads you aren't using. Heck, right now the DP-4's are cheaper than the DP-2's and 3's on Amazon.

I'm using the non-wifi, I just don't see the need to add complexity for something that I adjust maybe once every couple of months.

Upvote 0

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back