Best food for your fish

canadianeh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have PE Mysis pellet and Garlic guard and Selcon. What are some best foods out there for fish to bring out their color? I will be welcoming a bonded pair of mocha storm clownfish soon and I want to be prepared.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have PE Mysis pellet and Garlic guard and Selcon. What are some best foods out there for fish to bring out their color? I will be welcoming a bonded pair of mocha storm clownfish soon and I want to be prepared.

Any food with "astaxanthin" will help bring out the reds and oranges. I have found that @Reef Nutrition's TDO Chroma BOOST is one of the best foods for bringing out the color in my clownfish. In fact, this is what many commercial breeders use.

Reeffraff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since these are captive raised fish you can take advantage of the fact that they have been fed dry pellet foods since they were very young. There are many types of high quality pellet foods for marine fish available that have a variety of natural color enhancers as well.

OP
OP
canadianeh

canadianeh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since these are captive raised fish you can take advantage of the fact that they have been fed dry pellet foods since they were very young. There are many types of high quality pellet foods for marine fish available that have a variety of natural color enhancers as well.
Such as?

OP
OP
canadianeh

canadianeh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also how do I know which pellet size good for my fish? Is smaller always better?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Pellets : TDO and new life
Flake- Formula one. two and Prime Reef
Frozen: LRS, Rods, Hakari and San Fransisco Bay

secret_reefer337

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been using SA Hatchery Diet pellets and my fish looks healthy and colorful. I do feed different frozens too.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have also had really good luck feeding ME Corals' fish food pellets.

@marke

fishface NJ

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
make your own food! Clams, Mussels Oysters and Nori. Place in food processor. Freeze in mini cube trays. Don't have a mini tray, then DIY it. Get lighting ceiling panel louvers and cut it to a usable size for your freezer. Use that to make and freeze your cubes.

Reeffraff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have used New Life Spectrum pellets with great success for years. They make a 'small fish version' that is 0.5 mm in size. Probably the right size for the small pair you are receiving.

OP
OP
canadianeh

canadianeh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have used New Life Spectrum pellets with great success for years. They make a 'small fish version' that is 0.5 mm in size. Probably the right size for the small pair you are receiving.

These are their pictures. How can I tell if they can eat bigger pellet size?
clown pair 1.jpeg
clown pair 2.jpeg
clown pair 3.jpeg
clown pair 4.jpeg

OP
OP
canadianeh

canadianeh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
make your own food! Clams, Mussels Oysters and Nori. Place in food processor. Freeze in mini cube trays. Don't have a mini tray, then DIY it. Get lighting ceiling panel louvers and cut it to a usable size for your freezer. Use that to make and freeze your cubes.

That is interesting! In term of cost, is it cheaper to make your own, or to buy?

I like the idea of making it your own and you know what you put in it. I guess you buy everything frozen from groceries store right? No need to buy the fresh ones as you will end up freezing them. Did you put anything else in the mix such as selcon or garlic guard?

For the two fish alone, I guess 1/4 or 1/2 of the cube per serving or 1 cube for the whole day is enough?

Ariton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What would be the best food for tank having tangs anthia and crosshatch trigger ?

PicassoClown04

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What would be the best food for tank having tangs anthia and crosshatch trigger ?
If you’re in the US, I’d definitely recommend the LRS foods. All the fish I have go wild for it and I’ve noticed my corals are happier since I switched. They have a chunky style and a predator style that’d be good for your trigger. I’d use Nori sheets for the tang or macro algae that you can grow in your sump/fuge or buy. Don’t know about the Anthias personally, but many people use some kind of pellet in an auto feeder because they need to be fed so many times a day

Ariton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you’re in the US, I’d definitely recommend the LRS foods. All the fish I have go wild for it and I’ve noticed my corals are happier since I switched. They have a chunky style and a predator style that’d be good for your trigger. I’d use Nori sheets for the tang or macro algae that you can grow in your sump/fuge or buy. Don’t know about the Anthias personally, but many people use some kind of pellet in an auto feeder because they need to be fed so many times a day

Do they sell LRS food online ? I’ve heard good things about that food !

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 19.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back