Best gyre mode for sps

Phillyd1990

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two xf230 and run them opposite pulse at %80. Thinking about increasing both.

This is in a 100g display

billwill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two xf230 in 90g. I run 100% alternating at 10 second intervals.

DSC reef

Coral wasted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run a bare bottom and the rock work breaks a lot of flow. I just recently replaced the bushings in gyre so I had to put my old cheap pumps in the tank. I can't believe the difference between one gyre versus to cheap power heads I ran for years.

Phillyd1990

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run a bare bottom and the rock work breaks a lot of flow. I just recently replaced the bushings in gyre so I had to put my old cheap pumps in the tank. I can't believe the difference between one gyre versus to cheap power heads I ran for years.
I know what you mean. I had ome for a little bit and the ammount of water it moved was incredible. I added another just to produce a random flow. Couldnt be happier. Just open to ideas on patterns and intensity especially with sps dominated reefs

DSC reef

Coral wasted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know what you mean. I had ome for a little bit and the ammount of water it moved was incredible. I added another just to produce a random flow. Couldnt be happier. Just open to ideas on patterns and intensity especially with sps dominated reefs
There fun to play with with all the options. My favorite is the pulse and random flow though. Nice blue throat in your avatar.

Phillyd1990

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There fun to play with with all the options. My favorite is the pulse and random flow though. Nice blue throat in your avatar.
Random flow is something ive yet to venture into. Pulse has been my go to for now. So many settings to play with lol the trigger is definitely one of my favorites. I contemplated for a bit but he has been nothing but a model citizen since ive put him in. I might add that i have no shrimp for him to go after lol

Haim

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do, I turn it to constant at 30% for the night time. People say the ocean doesn't turn down the flow but our 75 gallon tank is not the ocean;)
Sps at night, in nature , are collecting the food as the plankton are coming up .so it's important not to turn off the flow .

DSC reef

Coral wasted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sps at night, in nature , are collecting the food as the plankton are coming up .so it's important not to turn off the flow .
30% with a gyre in a 75 is not turning off, plus my tank isn't the ocean. No tidal plankton coming in. To each there own though. We have a mixed reef so the LPS get a little break at night from being blasted all day.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 14 43.8%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 16 50.0%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 2 6.3%
Back