Best Heater/Temperature controller? (Non-Apex)

I did read the title but wanted to mention that the old APEX Jr. that can be had for a song used; makes for a perfect heater controller. I've seen them sold around $100 here on R2R.

One can set multiple stages (outlets 1 and 2) of heating, add failover heater (outlet 3) and get notified (email and or text) when temp fall outside the range. Additionally, you can get notified when the failover heater kick on so you can look into what's wrong. The last available outlet can be used to controll chiller in an environment where both heating and chilling is required.

If you need programming, LMK
 
BRS elements and Aqua Logic controller which is a rebranded Ranco with a probe for our use. The Aqua Logic is by far the most robust and best track record out there. Ranco controllers are bullet proof

The Helios aren’t bad either but I’ve witnessed too many fail after a couple months to trust them.
AWW lord don't say that. I just bought one. I hope just some randoms and not enough data to support it their product is bad.
 
AWW lord don't say that. I just bought one. I hope just some randoms and not enough data to support it their product is bad.

I think they had a few lemons around the same time. They put the 5 year warranty on them shortly after a few of the issues cropped up
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new