Best holy grail torch?

TCseh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking to get a holy grail torch. I was wondering the places with the best color/lineage. I was thinking of cornbreds but I don't know anything about them. What is also a price I should be looking for?

OP
OP
T

TCseh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also
I am looking to get a holy grail torch. I was wondering the places with the best color/lineage. I was thinking of cornbreds but I don't know anything about them. What is also a price I should be looking for?
What makes asd holy grail torch the best?

adittam

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Color depends a lot on lighting. And not just spectrum…higher PAR will help torches color up also. For that reason, I wouldn’t assume the most expensive is the “best”.

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
og holy grail is one of the brightest holy grails and lineage is probably what has made it so expensive. I have seen amazing wild caught holy grail torches that have looked similar but havent seen them side by side to make the distinction of what is actually brighter in person. Lighting is a huge factor. I wouldnt buy a random holy grail off a website unless it had lineage as photo manipulation is so easy to do and they can easily fake how bright the colors look

OP
OP
T

TCseh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Color depends a lot on lighting. And not just spectrum…higher PAR will help torches color up also. For that reason, I wouldn’t assume the most expensive is the “best”.
Just letting you know what I have been told. What hg do you recommend?

OP
OP
T

TCseh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
og holy grail is one of the brightest holy grails and lineage is probably what has made it so expensive. I have seen amazing wild caught holy grail torches that have looked similar but havent seen them side by side to make the distinction of what is actually brighter in person. Lighting is a huge factor. I wouldnt buy a random holy grail off a website unless it had lineage as photo manipulation is so easy to do and they can easily fake how bright the colors look
How do you rate this hg? The person is calling it an og

Attachments

• image_02f422ce-5a11-468b-a19a-7933665b3ac9_900x.jpg
    image_02f422ce-5a11-468b-a19a-7933665b3ac9_900x.jpg
    263.9 KB · Views: 638

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you rate this hg? The person is calling it an og
Hard to say by pictures, ask the person where they bought it from and to provide proof of purchase. These are very expensive corals and I would be wary if they refuse to provide evidence that this is a real OG.

Most of the time OG has more obvious yellow streaking down the tentacle tbh but it could just be the picture they took not showing it

Anemone_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't order a coral that expensive online. It's super easy to doctor photos, you are quite likely to get a less spectacular piece that has been saturated to bring out the yellows. I'd rather find one in the LFS. Expensive corals usually sit around for a few months before selling in a store, so you won't need to be too vigilant in waiting for one to come in. If you must order online, Cornbred and Queen City Corals seem to have the legit lineages. Of course, keep in mind that yellow corals are prone to go green in certain tanks. I would just stick to a basic $200 yellow torch for a while, save some money and make sure that yellow shows in your system. Also, I'd recommend not buying a name. Get the coral that looks best to you, and don't worry about whether or not it's "genuine". Good luck with whatever you end up doing!

OP
OP
T

TCseh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't order a coral that expensive online. It's super easy to doctor photos, you are quite likely to get a less spectacular piece that has been saturated to bring out the yellows. I'd rather find one in the LFS. Expensive corals usually sit around for a few months before selling in a store, so you won't need to be too vigilant in waiting for one to come in. If you must order online, Cornbred and Queen City Corals seem to have the legit lineages. Of course, keep in mind that yellow corals are prone to go green in certain tanks. I would just stick to a basic $200 yellow torch for a while, save some money and make sure that yellow shows in your system. Also, I'd recommend not buying a name. Get the coral that looks best to you, and don't worry about whether or not it's "genuine". Good luck with whatever you end up doing!
This picture is from a lfs how would you rate it? The reason I ask is because this is going to be an investment for me and I'm going to want to re sell.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230322_184754_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20230322_184754_Facebook.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 630

adittam

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you're going to try to resell it, then you're going to want documented lineage proof. Again, I personally think this is foolish, because you're just paying for a silly name that someone gave a coral that colored up nicely, and there is no guarantee that this lineage continues to command such ridiculous prices once you've grown it out enough to resell frags. But, you do you.

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This picture is from a lfs how would you rate it? The reason I ask is because this is going to be an investment for me and I'm going to want to re sell.
Again it can just be the picture and that you didnt use a good orange filter. If you want to resell you want something with lineage. Tbh i would rather buy the torch that is behind this one with more yellow on the tentacles but that is just based off a pic.

Wolters_88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The best looking torch is the Mancini Lineage CC24k and they go for over $2000 per head. The only person I would trust buying from is somebody with lineage from first class or from first class but that wait is years long. You can see in the attached video which ones brighter than all the others and there aren’t many torches I don’t have.

Others above this post say it’s stupid but I have made my money back ten times over and when you deal with a torch that’s been aqua-cultured for 8 plus years, you don’t have to worry about it randomly dying like a wild Hg that will still cost you $500 or more.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.MOV
    28.3 MB
OP
OP
T

TCseh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With you being experienced buying and selling torches. How would you say a cornbreds hg is worth buying and reselling.
The best looking torch is the Mancini Lineage CC24k and they go for over $2000 per head. The only person I would trust buying from is somebody with lineage from first class or from first class but that wait is years long. You can see in the attached video which ones brighter than all the others and there aren’t many torches I don’t have.

Others above this post say it’s stupid but I have made my money back ten times over and when you deal with a torch that’s been aqua-cultured for 8 plus years, you don’t have to worry about it randomly dying like a wild Hg that will still cost you $500 or more

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230322_182659_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20230322_182659_eBay.jpg
    181.8 KB · Views: 615
OP
OP
T

TCseh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Others above this post say it’s stupid but I have made my money back ten times over and when you deal with a torch that’s been aqua-cultured for 8 plus years, you don’t have to worry about it randomly dying like a wild Hg that will still cost you $500 or more.
Would you recommend cornbreds or asd?

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mancini 24K is an absolute Slammer.

I know it's semantics but I don't personally consider the 24k torches to be "holy grail" any more in name as they are unique enough to be easily identified as a 24k when grown out right.

TCK Master is what I consider my quintessential of the Holy Grails

OP
OP
T

TCseh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mancini 24K is an absolute Slammer.

I know it's semantics but I don't personally consider the 24k torches to be "holy grail" any more in name as they are unique enough to be easily identified as a 24k when grown out right.

TCK Master is what I consider my quintessential of the Holy Grails
I can't find TCK master torch. It sounds like to me you recommend getting that one though over a holy grail? If not. What holy grail do you recommend that's obtainable unlike the one that's on back order.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't find TCK master torch. It sounds like to me you recommend getting that one though over a holy grail? If not. What holy grail do you recommend that's obtainable unlike the one that's on back order.
I'm not recommending you get one. I know nothing about your system. I love them enough to own one. I'm simply participating in the conversation around the best holy grail by opinion.

I have seen this colony in person. The photo is a bit too yellow, but it's a great color irl.

OP
OP
T

TCseh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not recommending you get one. I know nothing about your system. I love them enough to own one. I'm simply participating in the conversation around the best holy grail by opinion.

I have seen this colony in person. The photo is a bit too yellow, but it's a great color irl.

I totally understand what your saying. Think of it like guiding me to get the right one. I have already made up my mind for getting one and am now just asking questions for the right one.

OP
OP
T

TCseh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Back