Best LED Light Bar

oreo54

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the controller can power and control 4 tiles or 8 strips or a combination thereof. It also has a temperature probe that I have hidden in the corner of my display, and it connects via WiFi. Not the highest tech page for programming, but simple and easy to use. The controller also comes with a light sensor, NOT a PAR meter, but a sensor that you can hook up and read as a percentage. So you calibrate it right above the water surface at 100%, then you can drop it into various spots in your tank and get a read of light penetration as a percentage compared to the 100% at the surface. Another nice feature.
Can you explain this a bit better?
The lighting controller has two independently timed channels, with six outputs timed separately from the other two.
A tile will use up 2 channels and a strip just 1 channel. The channels themselves are split up to be controlled semi independently with 6 of the channels being controlled independently from the other 2.

$365... :eek:

Homebrewer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you explain this a bit better?

$365... :eek:
Each tile has both blue and white LEDs. The blues are powered by one cord, the whites by another. The cords coming from the lights end with a male USB. The controller has 8 female USB ports, 4 independently-controllable channels that each accept two cords.

I have two tiles. On channel one I have the blues from the left tile and the right tile plugged into the same channel. On channel two I have the whites from the left tile and the right tile plugged into the same channel. You cannot adjust spectrum, but doing it this way allows me to control blues and whites separately. When I added the strip, it is now using one of the ports on the third channel, it is controlled independently of the tiles. However, all of these lights can be controlled by the same controller. If you don’t want the tiles and you want say 8 strips a single controller can handle all 8, and you can control 4 pairs of them independently.

As for the price, I admit I didn’t look at the current price, that is really up there! I didn’t buy the controller through AAP but I did buy the lights. In fact this latest light, I obviously didn’t need the PSU so they sent me an invoice for the light only and gave me a $29 discount for not getting the PSU as well.

I got the controller through a different supplier whose website I can no longer find. They may have gone out of business. As I said, this isn’t the most popular option though you will see this brand pop up from time to time on eBay international.

lugereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so there is this new light bar hitting the market. It's called the nicobar from Reef delight. It his around 175 par to the sand bed on its own! Comes in three variations. Blue, UV and white.

I'm using the blue version Pops at 460nm. The cool thing is that it's fully expandable. You can Daisy chain them together and can be controlled from a single bar.

Fully wifi my friend.

Any questions feel free to ask. I've got a guy that gets a good hookup w them.
Hi! I just got the UV option. How do you have your light mounted over the tank? There isn't a ton of info out there!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back