Best lighting?

A. grandis

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To those citing adam’s testimony on lighting, we should stay fair and balanced. Yes, he loves the iwasaki 6500k bulbs. Yes they carried him far. Yes he has gone on record stating he may cease using MH entirely when he runs through the last of his stock because the difference now in what he is achieving is marginal between different tech. We can argue all we like on what we believe is best, but, when citing someone, let’s try to avoid picking and choosing bits that support one side and omitting any information that may be contradictory. It makes for clouded and dishonest arguments.

Personal opinion, I wish I had used iwasakis when I could. Would have been nice to experience that.

Also, since that original video was posted, Adams setup has grown quite a bit as evidenced in further videos. He has full raceways under each dedicated lighting tech. He isn’t blending them anymore.

20EFB30F-5196-4248-9DC2-4A5A3E4B5C5A.png
Forgot to post a very important observation here... All the vendors should have at least LEDs and T5s nowadays. The ideal is to have all 3 types of light (LEDs, halides and T5s), so their corals would have better chances adapting to the different types of lights in the customers' tanks.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.7%
Back