best nano reef led lights?

Timich

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick question, currently have 20 gal aio innovative marine reef tank. Running 1 ai prime 16hd. Recently noticed the diffusor or that plastic thing underneath the light has a couple melted little circles. I heard these lights can melt that lens piece but I only found out after using it for some time. I'm thinking of upgrading my light honestly just cause of poor customer service(they haven't emailed me back yet for replacement, ugh) and its stupid how such a poor flaw design. But I actually love the prime light itself. So I'm thinking of maybe 1 or 2 kessil lights for the upgrade. My tank's LPS dominate. Looking for recommendations on great and not ***** expensive nano led lights lol. TIA! :)

...here's my tank, 7 months in about:)

20210808_144740.jpg

theishkid

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If my tank were small enough for it I would have gone with a Kessil. Unfortunately it's an odd rectangular 30 gallon tank and one wouldn't cover it.

chaostactics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Medium budget, Ai primes? XR30 if you have the budget and looking to expand in the future. If you're going small budget I'm loving what the Fluval Sea Marine Nano 3.0 LED has to offer.

zoaprince

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my Radion XR15 Blue. The spread is second to none (in that price range), and the built in spectrums take out the guess work of "is this good for x type of coral?".

LuizW13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could go with Hydra 32? Same light basically, with the same app and interface.

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
think I remember reading someone getting a replacement from AI with a similar issue, was very cheap too, might be worth trying a little longer getting a ahold them.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 37 34.9%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 22 20.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 29 27.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back