Best Salt for nano reef - Low tech

  • Thread starter Thread starter TriGa22
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

TriGa22

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 10, 2008
Messages
56
Reaction score
23
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What would be the best baseline reef salt for a low tech setup. Weekly water changes to maintain parameters and at best an all in one dose setup like tropic Marin all for reef.

What salt would you recommend - I’m looking at blue bucket Red Sea or Tropic Marin standard salt.
 
Salt is salt, don’t be fooled by vivid graphics and slick marketing.

Pick a salt that is in your budget and easily accessible.

Some of the best tanks I’ve seen are done on the cheapest salt.

It’s not the salt, but the reefer that makes the difference.
 
I think you will see the same results regardless the salt you use. I use Red Sea blue bucket and it does the job, I never tried anything else but but I'm sure my tank would be in the same place it is now. My LFS always has it so I stick with it and the Alk is around what my tank runs at. Pick what is in your budget and available. you cant really go wrong.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 29.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 8 8.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new