Best siphon/vacuum to physically remove sand from tank?

Fresh2Salt95

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 17, 2021
Messages
51
Reaction score
30
Location
Fairfax
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I set up a 29G quarantine tank and didn't realize I wasn't supposed to put substrate in.

I have 3-4 inches of Arag-Alive I need to siphon out.

What should I use?

I can't use my normal siphon connected to the sink because the sand might destroy the plumbing. I have 5 gallon buckets.
 
I set up a 29G quarantine tank and didn't realize I wasn't supposed to put substrate in.

I have 3-4 inches of Arag-Alive I need to siphon out.

What should I use?

I can't use my normal siphon connected to the sink because the sand might destroy the plumbing. I have 5 gallon buckets.
Put a filter bag secured to the hose that way you can separate the sand from the water
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new