!!!BEST STUBBIE EVER GREG C. ACROBERRY!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The way that I talk would have me saying something like, I don't know what it is about this thing...

But that's just not going to work out here, because I know very well what it is about this thing that I like so much. This is one of those acros I have had a long long time now, but no matter how much it's become a permanent part of the landscape in all my systems, I can't seem to stop admiring it's uniquely rich coloration, and perfectly stubby formation.

Like most of my collection, unfortunately I can't say what species it really is, (happy to have anymore that knows chime in though) but I haven't got anything that's quite like it at all.

While the Acroberry is kind of a sleeper, those of you that have seen some of the pics of this one floating around, have probably had this one on your list ever since. I'd consider it a necessary
member of any serious sps collection. I have been able to pull some pink out of mine but there's a lot more to this one than what I'm showcasing here even. At it's finest, you'll see more pink for sure. I think I got my frag from Leo at CR about 5-6 years ago but I may be wrong. It's been about that long but I guess I'm not 100% sure on where it came from. I think it was Leo though.

Anyway. Here's another acro I've had long enough to take for granted but still can't get over how much I love.

The Greg Carroll Acroberry! Long captive, and available today at Battlecorals!

http://battlecorals.com/products/greg-carroll-acroberry

wishntoboutside

Snow flake
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great acro. I remember seeing this in Greg's tank back in the day. Tyree did not make this an Le because he could not get it to color up the same why Greg did. Yes back in the days things were just not made an LE to become an LE.

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Just found this while googling Acroberry photos, came in with the Ultimate efflo! Awesome corals, the both of them :)
http://reefbuilders.com/2014/01/23/ultimate-efflo/
Great acro. I remember seeing this in Greg's tank back in the day. Tyree did not make this an Le because he could not get it to color up the same why Greg did. Yes back in the days things were just not made an LE to become an LE.

hey thanks guys,

yeah time I know theres at least one insane pic floating around but this ones definitely flown under the radar for a long time know.

And I think mines stuck somewhere between Gregs and Steve's LOL. Seeing some decent pink but still waiting for it to look like Gregs:) as long as I know the colors in there somewhere I'll never give up on an acro!

gcarroll

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is definitely a local favorite here in So Cali. Glad to see it's still in circulation.

gcarroll

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The larger the colony got the better the color got. Here are some of the best pics I got of it.
98679c80835bc0ef979c23ab86077a43.jpg
b3166d446dcb05f0b049eca4e5ba0034.jpg
ba592f7918a9dd7e202f6ca92c3db935.jpg

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The larger the colony got the better the color got. Here are some of the best pics I got of it.
98679c80835bc0ef979c23ab86077a43.jpg
b3166d446dcb05f0b049eca4e5ba0034.jpg
ba592f7918a9dd7e202f6ca92c3db935.jpg

Yep thats it! WOW man such a sweet acro. Love the deep purple polyps too. Thanks ton for chiming in Greg:). I drooled over that thing for a long time before I finally got one.

Let it grow seems to be the real trick. Forgot to mention like I normal do in the first post, but anyone who's got a pic to share of this thing please feel free. Would love to see more.

Thanks again for posting yours. It's like its all coming back to me now.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I hadn't seen this one until today

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you still have this Adam? I would love to see some updated shots. You are very right in that this is not an average acro. It’s superb and I have not seen anything like it. I am still wondering what the species is though. Anyone ever figure it out?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back