better spam detection.

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMO, a three-day ban on new members posting is not effective. It seems that most new members are joining because they have a problem or question. Preventing these members from posting for three days either causes them to not get the help they need, or they might even go somewhere else.
My thoughts exactly.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey guys, @revhtree is trying some new measures to slow down spammers. Thanks for all of the patience. We're certainly aware of (and frustrated with) the issue. FWIW, the software we currently have in place is blocking about 1 spam post per minute on an average day :eek::eek::eek: ...so I know the spam that gets through is annoying...but the measures already taken are at least blocking most of it. :rolleyes::confused::mad:

Mike Reef Addict

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, @revhtree is trying some new measures to slow down spammers. Thanks for all of the patience. We're certainly aware of (and frustrated with) the issue. FWIW, the software we currently have in place is blocking about 1 spam post per minute on an average day :eek::eek::eek: ...so I know the spam that gets through is annoying...but the measures already taken are at least blocking most of it. :rolleyes::confused::mad:
I think I just reported my first one just a minute ago.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 20.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 76 34.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 9.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.3%
Back